Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweating

Options
  • 15-01-2012 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does any1 else suffer from excessive sweating, I use driclor under my armpits and find it brill but find I sweat a lot in my inner thighs and I chaf as a result, I'm not overweight because first I heard this is just a problem for overweight ppl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You should get yourself checked over by a doctor. Excessive sweating can be absolutely nothing, it could be caused by things like excessive caffeine consumption or sensitivity to caffeine, lack of fitness, lack of sleep or it could be a symptom of lots of medical problems.

However, GO TO YOUR DOCTOR. You need to rule out things like diabetes, thyroid problems and various other issues.

It's probably nothing serious, but it could be an early symptom of many problems that are worth catching and dealing with early!

Diagnosing it yourself on the internet isn't a great idea tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Darragh11

If talkd to my doc bou it he prescribed the driclor for me which has been great but I find my inner thighs sweat a lot aswel an cant use driclor there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From the charter
    First and foremost.......

THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE BOARD.

No medical advice will be given here, so please don't ask for any.
    If you want medical advice go to your GP.

If you want to talk about coping with a life of sweating then try long term illness
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=862

you might find some stuff about sweating in sports http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42

if you want to talk about the biological function of sweating here then open a new thread here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement