Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Choice?

Options
  • 15-01-2012 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey, not sure what the difference between Engineering Choice and just straight Engineering.
    Is the Choice similar to Undenominated Engineering in NUIG?
    I.E would i be able to choose later on if i wanted to do Mec Eng?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

isnt it normally common for first year and then you decided which you want to do after that.

also mechanical is a good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

It's common for first year, you go to whatever lectures you want for the first while and then you decide if you want to do stream 1 or stream 2. After that you have till the end of first year to choose what course you want to do from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ivan Offlcockitch

ya the only real difference between doing eng. choice and going straight into one of the courses is that for the first few weeks the choices do both streams of engineering courses, i.e the mech,aero and bio (stream 1) and computer & electronic (stream 2).
    After picking which stream they want to do though,its just the same 1st year as say a mechanical or electronic student.All stream 1s have a common first year and all stream 2s have a common first 2 years..
    Choices pick which course they want to do at the end of the year but any engineering student can change courses at the end of first year so...really theres not much difference!
    Hope ive helped and havent left you more confused than before asking.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 2012numbhull

So it'd be
    1st year: stream 1 or stream 2
    2nd year: choose what discipline you want to do (be it Mec or elec etc.)
    3rd year: keep doing your choice
    4th year: keep doing your choice

Have i got it right? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

So it'd be
    1st year: stream 1 or stream 2
    2nd year: choose what discipline you want to do (be it Mec or elec etc.)
    3rd year: keep doing your choice
    4th year: keep doing your choice

Have i got it right? :confused:

Yup, that's it! It's just like Undenominated Engineering in NUIG. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 2012numbhull

Thanks alot :) cleared that up for me :D

Advertisement