Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best (cheapest) place to buy a macbook pro in Ireland?

Options
  • 14-01-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone have any suggestions of the cheapest place to get a macbook pro?
    Midlands/Connacht area preferably

Is it much cheaper up north?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Hi,
    Anyone have any suggestions of the cheapest place to get a macbook pro?
    Midlands/Connacht area preferably

Is it much cheaper up north?

Everywhere sells for the same price as apple. Cheapest place is Dixons(or currys, can't remember which it is) in Dublin Airport, other than that, it's all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

buy refurbished online from Apple Store, saved €300 on my i7 quad core 15" 2011 macbook pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

buy refurbished online from Apple Store, saved €300 on my i7 quad core 15" 2011 macbook pro.

Or you could also use the education discount and get up to 12% off the price if you go through campus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Although you may not it cheaper, I have found some places to have deals.
    My first ever Macbook Pro was bought this month in Currys in Swords for €1100, but was given a storage upgrade to 750GB, up 250GB from the entry-level version of the same price.

Sure, there was not much flexibility, but it was a nice bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Buy from adverts.ie? The apple refurb store is good, or using a business/ education discount of 12% on the apple.ie store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dixons Dublin Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭qork

Be careful and double check the specifications, I have been in some retailers recently that had older models on display at current model retail prices. Retailers will not discount apple products, but will discount older models.
    Q.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

qork wrote: »
    Be careful and double check the specifications, I have been in some retailers recently that had older models on display at current model retail prices. Retailers will not discount apple products, but will discount older models.
    Q.

Some won't discount on older models. HN wanted full price for a Plasticbook a few months ago, despite the fact it had been discontinued for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

whiterebel wrote: »
    Some won't discount on older models. HN wanted full price for a Plasticbook a few months ago, despite the fact it had been discontinued for ages.

it's not discontinued at all. The model number MC561 is now only available to Education. The price is about €910 or there a bouts.

It is the very same spec that was available retail.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

whippet wrote: »
    it's not discontinued at all. The model number MC561 is now only available to Education. The price is about €910 or there a bouts.

It is the very same spec that was available retail.

It's not available to the general public anymore, so as far as I'm concerned, it's discontinued.

Actually not on the US, or Irish education sites either.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    It's not available to the general public anymore, so as far as I'm concerned, it's discontinued.

Actually not on the US, or Irish education sites either.

it is for institutional purchases only not students.

that amazon link is a bit dodge.

The image is of an MC516 White MacBook but the description is of a 13" MacBook Pro.

The macbook Pro 13" never had that SKQ.

13" MBPros have the following SKQs

MB990 & MB991 2009
    MB374 & MB375 2010
    MC700 & MC724 2011 early
    MD313 & MC314 2011 late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Screenway in galway offer a 10% student discount.

Advertisement