Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby on Rails

Options
  • 14-01-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm looking for a course in Dublin, or nearby to learn Ruby and Rails. I am following the online tutorial by Michael Hartl & RailsCasts but I wonder if anyone has any experience and reviews of a school, uni, evening class that they have been to?

It would have to be an evening course as I am working(well at least at the moment;))

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Talisman

I wouldn't recommend RailsCasts as a resource for learning Rails. It's a reference resource to delve further into topics.

Do you already know Ruby? If you don't then Huw Collingbourne's The Book Of Ruby is a good place to start. He also has a couple of courses on udemy.com:
    Ruby Programming for Beginners
    Expert Ruby Programming

If you know Ruby then you need to familiarise yourself with the MVC architecture and REST so if you are looking for a course then it should teach these as they are at the core of Rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fathobbit42

I think I've done it arseways. I have a pretty good understanding of the MVC but my Ruby is poor. I think that is why I was getting stuck. I'll have a look at your sites.

Many thanks

Advertisement