Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet Port Problems.....HELP!

Options
  • 14-01-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I recently lost the wired internet connection to my desktop PC. There is no problem with the cables but I am not receiving any data (only sending it). I am wondering if it is a problem with my Ethernet port. I have two on my network card but I do not know how to set the second one up for an internet connection. Currently if I unplug the first it tells me a network cable has been unplugged, but if i plug the network cable into the second port it has no affect. Can I configure the spare port to try to use for connecting to my router?
    I am running Windows XP and network card is part of the motherboard (DFI UltraD nF4).

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's unlikely your ethernet port. You probably have an IP conflict on your network or something. Have you restarted you router?

You should be able to set up the second port from the control panel.I haven't used XP in years but iirc go to network or internet settings and pick LAN settings.
    xp-setup-1.jpg

I remember that opening this menu, hitting properties, changing nothing and then clicking apply would reset the connection and fix any minor issues.

Advertisement