Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

options after fetac

Options
  • 14-01-2012 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all, next year I will be finishing my course and will have obtained a level 6 in fashion industry practice modules in this are Event production,management ect.
    I have a level 5 in Business Fashion the modules in this were marketing, retail practice,communications, buying and creative stuff.
    I have been getting the grant for the 2 years and I will be 20 when I finish level 6.Just wondering when I finish could I do a full time Business Fas course and get some kind of social benefit? Fas courses are level 5 and 6 as well and I have heard you get nothing for going back and doing a level 5.
    Hope some one can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Hi all, next year I will be finishing my course and will have obtained a level 6 in fashion industry practice modules in this are Event production,management ect.
    I have a level 5 in Business Fashion the modules in this were marketing, retail practice,communications, buying and creative stuff.
    I have been getting the grant for the 2 years and I will be 20 when I finish level 6.Just wondering when I finish could I do a full time Business Fas course and get some kind of social benefit? Fas courses are level 5 and 6 as well and I have heard you get nothing for going back and doing a level 5.
    Hope some one can help

Why not go on to level 7 or 8, im sure there's something you can do with event management, or a business degree. You could probably still be entitled to a grant. I have no experience of FAS courses and i'm not trying to put them down, but I would be of the thinking that going onto a level 8 and getting a degree would be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,298 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You will not be able to go back to level 5 or 6 and get a grant, you have to keep moving forward.

Advertisement