Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new TV

Options
  • 14-01-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Can anyone give me a few ideas about the new TV 's in the shops?
    Are there particular functionalities (or lack thereof ) to be aware of.

I wouldn't be too fussy but I wouldn't want to get something that was out of date in a couple of years.

When you look at the tv's online it seems like there are lots of specs and it is hard to take them in.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Technical specs to look for ....

HDMI inputs are required for High Definition (HD) sources such as Sky HD or UPD HD decoders and for a Blu-Ray player.

SCART inputs are used by DVD players, old fashioned video cassette recorders (VCR) and by non-HD UPC (cable TV) boxes.

Component video input (three sockets for a video signal) is used by some game consoles, ask your children!

Audio out (left and right, usualy red and white) sockets are sometimes used to feed the TV sound to an amplifier, especialy older amps.

If you're getting your TV signal via an aerial, it's essential that you buy a 'Saorview approved' model, this assures you that the TV has a tuner which will work with Irish Digital TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

thanks
    appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

[IMG]http://www,twistedfate.org/image1.jpg[/IMG]
    Yes, I agree with the above, the customer reviews are great on amazon, and amazon itself is great for tvs.

Advertisement