Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad/Samsung - Wifi or with 3g

Options
  • 14-01-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey all,

Trying to decide between the iPad 2 and Samsung 10.1 at the moment. Recently read the new, upcoming iPad isn't meant to be much so going to buy now. Current thoughts:
    - Currently have samsung galaxy s2, which is great, so think that everything will work smoother if I get the samsung tab
    - Use gmail which runs better with android
    - Bigger screen & better camera on samsung
    - Supports flash so is closer to a laptop alternative that iPad
    - Negs are colour in the samsung look whiter, not as many apps and, to my eye, it looks like the ipad is a bit smoother to control

My questions are:
    - Does skype run well on each platform as this is a big issue for me? I asked someone with an iPad months ago and all they had was a lame iPhone app that had a 2x button on it. From forums, it looks like lots of people have trouble with this on both platforms and it isn't skype's major selling point to develop it more.
    - If I get a 3g model, will vodafone give me a second sim on the same contract or will I have to get a totally new data plan? This seems like a serious cash difference between wifi only and 3g.
    - Finally, if you tether models (smartphone & tablet) do you have to keep turning it on and off on both devices? As in, can the smartphone connect to wifi and tether it through to iPad/Samsung or would you have to connect both to the wifi individually and when outside wifi, connect them together again?

Sorry if this rambles on a bit - I've been searching through the forums trying to find these bits of info but still a bit lost.

Cheers for any help,
    Z

Advertisement