Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indesit WD12

Options
  • 14-01-2012 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

We have an Indesit Wd12 washing machine that appears to have something lose on the outside of the drum.

Is there any way to access the outside of the drum yourself?

It is still working so far but when in a spin there is a load rattle so I would be worried about further damage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Sounds like bearings or shocks, indesit are crap machines and bearing go constantly, but if you say "something lose on the outside of the drum" then very likely a brocken shock, or the plastic pin has popped out, generally you would get at it by tipping the machine backwards enough to get underneith, there are 2 shocks, one on each side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Thanks yeah I would never have bought it as it is always giving me trouble of some sort.

If I do manage to get the pin or whatever it is out, would it be an important part of the machine? I know it's on it's last legs but I just need to keep it going till the summer.

Would you know roughly how much it would cost to get someone in to replace the bearings/shocks if that is what it is?

Advertisement