Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diving

Options
  • 14-01-2012 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

any like minded people out there that would be interested in diving over the course of the year im based in dublin but im interested in travelling and diving other parts of the country as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Im in the dublin area too. What kind of diving are you interested in? Have you all your own equipment?

Im an AOW diver, and am up for anything, but my issue is that I work weekends so I need to dive midweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 newtimes

ive open water and about 25 dives ive my own gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Have you thought about joining a club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 newtimes

yea i have at times but ive heard some people give out about them

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kieran casey

newtimes wrote: »
    any like minded people out there that would be interested in diving over the course of the year im based in dublin but im interested in travelling and diving other parts of the country as well

Well lad I just joined boards if I had seen ur post earlier I would have asked if you wanted to go to South Africa shark diving I couldn't get anyone to come so I'm off on the 6 of January but I do diving at home to I'm doing my dive master course at the moment been diving for 10 years we have our own boat down here in Kerry we put it in May till September your welcome to drop me a line in the summer and come down and join us for a few dives if you want !! Il pm you my number if you want it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There are PADI 'clubs' about that are really informal. I get a weekly e-mail from Oceandivers in Dun Laoighre and Dive Inn in Donaghmede that says what they are upto this week and the next few weeks. If I am interested I go along if not I don't. They do local diving and organise weekends away. Alternatively I contact a local dive centre (thinking Ballyvaughan, Mullaghmore, Baltimore) where I will go out with.

There are other clubs that are more formal that I have not used (mainly as there are large parts of the year where I don't have time to dive). I will probably join one of them in a few years when my life settles down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 raouls

I'm usually up for local shore dives in Dublin when home. Mid week tends to suit me a bit better than weekends generally.
    Feel free to send me a PM.

Alternativly as mentioned above Dive Inn Scuba and Oceandivers are good options for weekend diving.

Take care and enjoy.

Advertisement