Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pint of Smithwicks in London?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Quick question: Where in London can I find a decent pint of Smithwicks? I'd prefer something central but anywhere would do. I really am missing that sweet nectar of the gods

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

The Corrib Rest in Queens Park serves it I think. It's a bit "Darby O'Gill" Oirish though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Reekwind wrote: »
    Quick question: Where in London can I find a decent pint of Smithwicks? I'd prefer something central but anywhere would do. I really am missing that sweet nectar of the gods

Cheers

But why, I mean why would you want a pint of Smithwicks in London when you now have a great choice of proper Real Cask Ales 'on tap' . . . .

Smithwicks reminds me of my 1st car (without power steering), it was great, it was the best at the time because I knew no better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cilldara1

Reekwind wrote: »

Cheers

O Neills Hammersmith or Harrow ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

LordSutch wrote: »
    But why, I mean why would you want a pint of Smithwicks in London when you now have a great choice of proper Real Cask Ales 'on tap' . . . .

Smithwicks reminds me of my 1st car (without power steering), it was great, it was the best at the time because I knew no better :D

I like Smithwicks, but most of the real cask ales or whatever they are I find gross, they all taste the same. I went to the Beer festival thing in Earl's court in the summer and tried about 30 different beers or ales or whatever they call them, and they all tasted just like the end of a cheap can of lager from the night before.
    I'm a fan of bitter though, can't get enough of the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I like Smithwicks, but most of the real cask ales or whatever they are I find gross, they all taste the same. I went to the Beer festival thing in Earl's court in the summer and tried about 30 different beers or ales or whatever they call them, and they all tasted just like the end of a cheap can of lager from the night before.

I'm speechless :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

LordSutch wrote: »
    I'm speechless :D

Good! Because real ale people usually aren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

O'Neill's in Wardour Street sell it.

Advertisement