Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speakers for Sony STR DE497

• 13-01-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I have a Sony TA VE215 surround sound system, but the amplifier has decided to go kaput on me recently.
    I also have a sony STR DE497 av receiver that I no longer use. Is it possible to use the speakers from the first system on the Av Receiver.

This is the TA VE215:
    9004.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It has connections for speakers, so yes. Be careful you don't crank the volume too high as those speakers don't look like they could handle much.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Thanks cnocbui
    I will only use them until funds allow me to buy something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

When you say the amplifier has gone do you mean all channels are dead or just certain channels ? There are various posts around relating to cracks on the relay board of the main unit which can cause some channels to cut out after a period of use.

Is the sub-woofer an active powered unit or a passive device with just a speaker wire from the amp ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi Zener,
    When I turn on the amplifier, it gives a few clicks and then goes into Protect Mode. I cannot get any sound out of it. I googled this and tried a hard reset as a resort to fixing it. This did not work either.

Regarding the sub, it is an active powered unit.

Advertisement