Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Impressions with vaping

Options
  • 13-01-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Here's my story. I've been smoking for the past 18 years and I would class myself as a moderate smoker no more than 8 a day. As with most smokers I've always had that niggling voice in the back of my head saying "why are you smoking" every time I opened up a fresh pack. I hated the way I smelt after a smoke. I hated having to chug down chewing gums to get rid of the stink, plus the obvious health risks and to a lesser extent the cost of it.

Over the past couple of years I was forced to become a secret smoker, so only smoking at work mostly. It got to the point where I wasn't enjoying them at all and thought to myself how bloody ridiculous is this.

I was out on Christmas eve and mate had an ego-T which he whipped out at the restaurant we were at and was shocked to see him taking a drag and seeing what looked like smoke coming off of it. Later on that evening I took a couple of drags and was quite surprised at how good it actually was.

So, weekend before last I thought I'd do a little research and went to boards.ie and found a separate e-smoking forum. I read a lot more through the other UK based forums and settled on an ego-c starter kit with 30mls of RY4 and another tobacco type flavour called Hilltop from Cloud9. Ordered it last Thursday, got it on Friday. One of the benefits living in the UK.

The first opportunity I got to try it out was Monday. I charged up both batteries, cleaned out the atomizers, filled up one with RY4 and the other with Hilltop and off I went. I had bought 10 fags that morning (still get 10's here), so on Monday I had around 8 fags coupled with a small bit of vaping. Tuesday, I had the remaining two fags with more vaping. Since Wednesday I've been exclusively vaping and not even thinking of analogs.

I'm quite astounded at how already my sense of smell has increased, where I can instantly tell who in the office has just been out for a fag. I can confidently say that this is my way out from the evil weed at last.

Here's some of the benefits I've noticed.
    • Clothes, fingers and breath no longer stink
    • No longer have to chew on endless pieces of gum to get rid of the smell of fags
    • I don't find myself having to go to the shop before work to buy more cigarettes
    • I enjoy vaping
    • I can vape in the car to/from work without worry of stinking out the place
    • I feel happier in myself knowing I'm not poisoning myself with 4000 odd chemicals
    • The myriad of flavours you can get
    • Vaping has the whole gadget element which I love

The list goes on and on.

Anyway, after my first few days of vaping I am really enjoying it. I've already bought some more flavours from Enjuice and reduced my nicotine content from 18mgs to 11mgs as the two e-juices from Cloud9, although very nice, are a little too strong for my tastes in the throat department.

From Enjuice I got the following.

1. Cappuccino Gusto - Wow, you can taste the coffee and has a wonderful not too sweet after taste. Absolutely lovely. I shall be buying more of this one.
    2. Caramel Apple Pie - More caramel than Apple but still very nice. Another one I may be repurchasing.
    3. Cherry Cola - This tastes like the cola bottles sweets I used to get as a kid. I feel though it could do with more flavour as it just seems slightly lacking in the body.
    4. Lemon and Lime Zest - I was disappointed with this. Yes, it had a citrus taste to it, but it tasted slightly synthetic and lacked body more so than the Cherry Cola flavour.
    5. Menthol Ice - I haven't tried out this one yet.

Overall, very happy with my new vaping experiences and glad to not be even thinking of the analogs anymore.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

congrats

the sense of smell coming back is always nice, I remember soon after I got my ecig walking outside and being able to smell the world around me.. freshly cut grass and the like.
    then I visited my parents and someone had been laying slurry all around the place.. so it has its drawbacks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Well done and keep researching information on different types of atomisers/cartomisers that you can use with your batteries (510 connection).

If you read about the big Mods that take 18650 batteries, make sure it is regulated voltage. (Lavatube and Provari are examples).
    The batteries you have now will probably be 3.4v under load and will more or less stay that way till the battery goes flat providing a consistent vape.

Definitely research a good repairable atomiser in the future and how they work, you will save a fortune in the long run.

Always have back ups, can't stress that enough.
    • Spare atties
    • Spare battery
    • Spare charger
    • Plenty of juice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

derra wrote: »

Always have back ups, can't stress that enough.
    • Spare atties
    • Spare battery
    • Spare charger
    • Plenty of juice

this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thanks lads. I will be placing an order for 2 additional batteries. Going to go with the 1000mah ones with pass throughs so I can use/charge them in the car an additional USB charger, 5 more atomizers and tank carts and a few more bottles of juice. That should definitely keep me going for the next couple of months.

Ordered some more supplies from Cloud9 last night.

1 x Joye eGo-C Atomiser Heads - 5pk
    5 x Joye eGo-T Cartridge - Cone Black
    2 x Silicone Tank Cartridge Caps - Cone Style
    1 x Joye eGo USB Charger
    2 x Joye eGo-T Passthrough/Battery - Black
    1 x Turkish Blend - 18mg - 30ml

The 2 pass through batteries at 1000mah will be a great help. Those coupled with the 2 650mah ones I got with the ego-C starter kit should see me right. I had some leakage on both this weekend. I felt that the tank cartridges were being inserted too easily the past few times so it wasn't sealing properly around the top of the atomiser. I replaced the two tanks this morning and definitely fitted a lot better when inserting them. No more leaks so far.

I have also ordered some silicone caps for the tank cartridges so hopefully they should reduce the possibility of any further leaking and prolong the life of the tank cartridges themselves because the two I removed this morning were fine only for the little hard plastic caps which seemed too loose after several refills.

I have ordered some turkish blend 18mgs to compliment by RY4 and Hiltop. I am finding when in work the 18mgs is the right amount for a few drags (replacement cigarette breaks) plus it tastes good. I've a few very nice flavours at 11mgs which I'd use during my lunch break as I seem to vape pretty quite a lot over lunch. I was feeling that the 18mgs was too much for that kind of a vaping session.

• Advertisement

I've only gone and ordered another £70 worth of juice from enjuice. When does the spending madness stop ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

TinCool wrote: »
    I've only gone and ordered another £70 worth of juice from enjuice. When does the spending madness stop ??

That's a good question! I started on the 510, then went to 510T, followed by 510T LR. Then eGo and cartomisers and now eGo C. Already thinking about eGo C LR atties. Chopping and changing juices as well. I dont think it works out that cheaply either to be honest. Planning on settling on the eGo C for a while though because they are very easily opened for cleaning and atties should last a long time.

I suppose it costs a bit until you find what suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I suppose it costs a bit until you find what suits.

Exactly! Find a good model e-cig and a juice you like, stick with them and then the costs come tumbling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

It doesn't, specially as you're a self confessed gadget man ;) . Every week theres a new fangled device coming out. It's all good though, you could be spending it on smokes...

Well done btw..great to see more converts turning up here...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

It isn't cheap to start with but it gets cheaper the longer you are vaping.

To start with I spending about €150 per month on vaping supplies, but that has to be compared to the €300 I would spend on cigs each month.

However, I think if I wanted to know I cut my monthly spend down to €50.
    150ml of eliquid (more than enough for me really) and 5 dual coil cartomizers.

That would still leave me saving €250 per month

• Advertisement

Well today marks a week since the last analog I've had. Yes, it's only a week and I've gone over a month on several occasions in the past, but the difference this time round is that I'm not even thinking or missing those nasty analogs. In fact, when I see the others outside at work I kind of feel sorry for them knowing how much better vaping is.

Received my delivery of 2 x 1000 mah ego pass through batteries, along with the silicon caps and a few other bits. The 1000 mah battery is considerably longer but I don't see that as being a problem since it still fits in my pocket and should last all day which is cool. The added benefit is being able to charge/vape in the car which is what I wanted it for. Plus it uses a regular usb connection to charge so if I do happen to lose or break my screw on USB charger (bought a 2nd one just in case anyway) for my standard 650mah batteries, I won't be stuck for power.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭bobster453

Hi All,
    Okay havent a clue what vaping is or where to buy it if i wanted to start
    Tried hypnosis,patches etc, not for me,want to stop, info appreciated thanks

bobster453 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Theres a couple of options really. You could go down the 510 route to see if you are really committed to it or start where you will probably end up anyway using the eGo-T or some version of the eGo. The batteries on the 510 are useless and only last about an hour or so whereas the eGo batteries will last most of a day each before requiring recharge.

If you go the eGo starter kit route you'll have everything you need in that pack except for the e-juice. Just buy some samples to go with your kit and off you go! You can always try other things like cartomisers etc later - they will work on the eGo battery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

bobster453 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Vaping means using an electronic device to vaporize a liquid containing nicotine and a flavour. The ecig creates vapour from the liquid that looks and feels like smoke and gives you the nicotine hit at the same time.

Ecig devices come in all shapes sizes and specifications but they basically do the same thing. Turn liquid into a smoke like vapour.
    You can get ecigs that attempt to resemble a real cigarette or something that looks completely different.

The liquid used in the device can have almost any flavour you could think of, and is a matter of personal choice and experimentation.

This covers just about everything you could want to know.

The silicone caps I got are brilliant. I haven't had any further leaks since I started using them. It's also a lot easier to remove the caps in order to refill. I'm not sure why they don't supply the silicone caps as standard rather than the hard plastic ones.

Got 10 new flavours from enjuice. I only got them today so I've only used two of them. Strawberry milkshake which is very nice. Good flavour and vapour and spearmint which is really refreshing without being over powering like some of the menthols can be.

The silicone caps I got are brilliant. I haven't had any further leaks since I started using them. It's also a lot easier to remove the caps in order to refill. I'm not sure why they don't supply the silicone caps as standard rather than the hard plastic ones.

Got 10 new flavours from enjuice. I only got them today so I've only used two of them. Strawberry milkshake which is very nice. Good flavour and vapour and spearmint which is really refreshing without being over powering like some of the menthols can be.

Where did you get the silicone caps? Do any of the Irish suppliers have them I wonder? Cant find them if they do. Fed up of leaking tanks!

Where did you get the silicone caps? Do any of the Irish suppliers have them I wonder? Cant find them if they do. Fed up of leaking tanks!

From Cloud9 Vaping who are in UK. very reliable I've ordered off them twice now.

Thought that alright. Did you use international shipping? Hate spending almost a tenner for a 1.95 product!

I'm living the UK these days so no didn't have to pay. I could buy you a couple of packs next time I'm ordering from them and post them over to you ? Probably won't be for a few weeks but would doubt it'd cost more than a couple of quid to post them over.

I'm living the UK these days so no didn't have to pay. I could buy you a couple of packs next time I'm ordering from them and post them over to you ? Probably won't be for a few weeks but would doubt it'd cost more than a couple of quid to post them over.

Thanks very much but there's no need. I'll get them tomorrow. I'll just buy something else to go with them. Don't know why they don't have them on the tanks in the first place though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Thought that alright. Did you use international shipping? Hate spending almost a tenner for a 1.95 product!

Got 5 packs from China recently. If you don't mind that they're pink (only colour they had left) pm me your address and I'll mail you a pack.

Bubba9 wrote: »

Got 5 packs from China recently. If you don't mind that they're pink (only colour they had left) pm me your address and I'll mail you a pack.

Thanks for the offer! Nice bunch of people in here! No need though - I'll just throw some juice in with the order from Cloud 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

No bother. If you're ordering from C9 might think about ordering some wick and mesh for when the ones in the Ego C atties give out.

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=1914842&Page=4

Today I'm two weeks off the fags and not even twitching or thinking about having one. Bloody great news.

Advertisement