Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breathalyzer

Options
  • 13-01-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am after getting this breathalyzer for xmas, it seemed to be working perfect. I was drinking last sat, today is friday. On monday morning i tested myself it said low(able to drive). All week i have not touched a drop of alcohol, I have tested myself a long time after(over the required time) brushing my teeth and eating. I have tested myself using three different tubes all given different readings back, all tubes were clean. This is what I cant get, last night I tried it, it gave me a reading, my girlfriend tried it after using the same tube and it showed her as low. WTF I have not touched drink since last sat like????? anyone ever come across anything like this before??? thank you for your time.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Hi,
    I am after getting this breathalyzer for xmas, it seemed to be working perfect. I was drinking last sat, today is friday. On monday morning i tested myself it said low(able to drive). All week i have not touched a drop of alcohol, I have tested myself a long time after(over the required time) brushing my teeth and eating. I have tested myself using three different tubes all given different readings back, all tubes were clean. This is what I cant get, last night I tried it, it gave me a reading, my girlfriend tried it after using the same tube and it showed her as low. WTF I have not touched drink since last sat like????? anyone ever come across anything like this before??? thank you for your time.

Hi, i think you can buy new ones on ebay or the internet. maybe you blew into it for too long and it detected more alcohol than normal or did you drink before you went to bed on thursday night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

yes you can buy one on ebay
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Portable-Police-Handheld-Alcohol-Breathalyzer-Tester-/270240609632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3eeb987560
    they sell them but they are in the us so could take a long while to come but if you don't drink until it arrives you should be safe

Advertisement