Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maternity clothes in dublin?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering what shops you would recommend for maternity clothese in dublin?
    I went to H&M, Zara and M&S on Henry street and they didn't stock any...

And what stage are most of you needing to start wearing maternity gear?
    I am 16 weeks, and normally slim build but am bulging now and only a few of my skirts and trousers fit! I presumed it would be a bit later than this...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I found new look good...but to be honest i got non maternity clothes alot...like i got a swing coat in dunnes at 5 months pregnant which still fits me now at almost 9 months and i bought dresses that were either stretchy to fit over my bump or floaty to allow for it aswell! Mothercare and mamas and papas stock clothes too...good for maternity underwear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering what shops you would recommend for maternity clothese in dublin?
    I went to H&M, Zara and M&S on Henry street and they didn't stock any...

And what stage are most of you needing to start wearing maternity gear?
    I am 16 weeks, and normally slim build but am bulging now and only a few of my skirts and trousers fit! I presumed it would be a bit later than this...

Thanks!

H & m dundrum is brill - its in the children's section upstairs.
    Top shop - Stephens green good

I bought some bought some non maternity stuff in m€s for work - dressed etc and they did me from 4 months til about 6 & half.
    I was in maternity jeans by 20 weeks (h&m skinny ones fab!!) up til that I used a black bump band over the waist of my regular jeans - I got it in top shop - it's still brill now if wearing shortish tops as makes sure ur belly not exposed!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I am 23 weeks and just moved into maternity trousers. I had been using an elastic band on my jeans buttons to expand them with a belly band over it.

Tops really are not a huge problem because I have quite a short torso normally and most of my tops are jersey and stretch over my little bump.

I also got some lovely bargains in New Look at sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Next do some as well...
    New look great for a few bits.

I wasn't in maternity jeans til about 24 or 26 weeks, and very few maternity tops at all.
    I mostly got a few cheapy vest tops etc to wear under my looser tops or cardis, and got a waist band extender for my jeans... I loved these cos some of my looser jeans I wore very close to the end of my pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I liked Dorothy Perkins especially for work clothes and coats. I got one pair of combat type trousers and a pair of jeans in h&m and they were the only clothes I had left by 39 weeks and they were so comfortable. I bought tight lycra tops one size bigger in penny's and again I wore them up to the last day. I found Next good for casual but terrible for office clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

liliq wrote: »
    Next do some as well...
    New look great for a few bits.

I wasn't in maternity jeans til about 24 or 26 weeks, and very few maternity tops at all.
    I mostly got a few cheapy vest tops etc to wear under my looser tops or cardis, and got a waist band extender for my jeans... I loved these cos some of my looser jeans I wore very close to the end of my pregnancy.

Thanks for all the replies. Thats really helpful.

The waist expanders sound good - where do you buy these??

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

I used to buy tops from H & M and Next. I bought one pair of maternity trousers but found them way too big. So I bought a 'belly belt' and adapted it to my jeans and work trousers. I'd defo recommend one of those. It cost about 17 euros.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Next and Mothercare have lovely stuff.
    Got great maternity jeans in M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Op, I notice that you went to Henry St. I don't know why it is but if you want maternity clothes in the city centre you need to go over to Grafton Street Next, H&M etc. I loved H&M maternity clothes, not expensive and wear well, a lot of H & M non maternity clothes are also bump friendly. I got jeans and work trousers in Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

I am 30 weeks pregnant and have bought my maternity clothes in Next, New Look and Mothercare. A lot of people told me that Mothercare was very expensive but I have found their sale items great value, I even managed to pick up a really nice dress for Christmas in there for less than €20! It was 50% off in the sale, which started in early December! Next hadn't got a great range a few weeks ago but I see that the Spring/Summer 2012 items have arrived in the branch in Liffey Valley so I might need to plan another shopping spree :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Forgot to mention that I bought a "Belly Belt" (waist expander for normal trousers) for €17.00 in Mothercare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Picked up two pairs of "over the bump" work trousers in Pumpkin Patch for 16 euro each in their sale. I'm size 12 (going on 14) and the small fit me fine. They seem to have a general sale for their maternity gear.

Advertisement