Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents cover as a renter

Options
  • 12-01-2012 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've just gone back through about 7 pages and cant find anything recent on this. I'm just wondering does anyone have names of companies who offer decent contents cover to renters. I'm just married and living with the new husband with no other renters with us. It might just save me a few phone calls if I knew if there were any who definitely don't!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Aviva do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

fbd appear to.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

FBD (WWW.fbd.ie), Allianz (www.allianz.ie) and 123.ie do, and all offer online quotes. I'd imagine most of the significant players offer contents insurance to renters.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Shoves

We're covered with FBD, they were the cheapest and and offering the best cover at renewal time. Think we were with Allianz before that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Thanks everyone will do a ring around later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Definitely FBD are the best both price wise and cover wise.Depending on where you are living you can probably get 25k worth of contents cover for under 100 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

FBD here aswell, best price and cover for me.
    Had Allianz before, and when it was time to renew my policy, they wanted more money than prev. year, and i had no claims.

Easy choice to left Allianz and move my car insurance to cheaper insurance company aswell.

Advertisement