Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to find a paid "sponsor"?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello, I am taking driving lessons from an ADI-approved instructor and want to find an experienced driver to practise with me between my lessons to save some costs.

Does anyone know how to find such a "sponsor"? I am based in Dublin. Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It is against the law to charge for any driving instruction unless you are an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).

A sponsor can be anyone who has held a full licence (Category B) for over 2 years, a friend, a parent, a brother, a sister, etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Any friends or family of yours with a full license for 2 years or more can act as an accompanying driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ezw006

Thanks. Sorry that I have posted two same threads. I thought the first one wasn't posted successfully as it said "service unavailable".

Seems like I will have to practise driving with my instructor.

It is against the law to charge for any driving instruction unless you are an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).

A sponsor can be anyone who has held a full licence (Category B) for over 2 years, a friend, a parent, a brother, a sister, etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

ezw006 wrote: »
    Thanks. Sorry that I have posted two same threads. I thought the first one wasn't posted successfully as it said "service unavailable".

Seems like I will have to practise driving with my instructor.

It's no problem, boards is running slowly tonight, so that's probably why!

If you have no friends/family that have a full licence for over 2 years, then a driving instructor is probably your only option! It's worth noting that your accompanied driver / sponsor does not have to be insured in your car, once they have a Full Licence for over 2 years, and you (the driver) are insured, then it's fine!

Advertisement