Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming in Ireland.

Options
  • 12-01-2012 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

The new film 'Haywire' is partly set in Dublin. Has anyone seen any of the filming in Dublin?Or any filming of a movie in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yep have seen Michael Collins and Saving Private Ryan being shot here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I vaguely remember seeing The Butcher Boy being filmed on the diamond in Clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I saw them filming that Bollywood film in Temple Bar and trinity college recently. I remember seeing some of the Brendan Gleeson movie Tiger's Tale being filmed somewhere on the south side a few years back too.
    In fact, there is rarely a day that goes by where you will walk from one end of Dublin city to the other without seeing somebody filming something (mostly TV, college or indie productions mind).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Hibernianeggs

For fairly popular movies is,there security or a police line?Also,has anyone seen somebody who is REALLY famous. I would tend to think of Brendan Gleeson as slightly local even if it sounds stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I was up in Fetthard (sic) (outside Clonmel) when Martin sheen was filming some movie there a few months ago.

we found him driving around in his Maybach, but his driver noticed the tail and my camera so made a hasty escape. my God that car is so much faster than it looks.

for the record, I'm no papparazi, I was photographing the town, and thought I'd get one of him, but it turned into a game after my friends noticed him running away :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Seen Reign of Fire getting filmed years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Byzantium is currently filming near my house... I can look out my window and see the tea station!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Seen Once getting filmed in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Also,has anyone seen somebody who is REALLY famous. I would tend to think of Brendan Gleeson as slightly local even if it sounds stupid.

Most famous I've seen were Gleeson, Colin Farrell and Gabrielle Byrne, but I think Ireland is so small that everybody knows somebody who knows a famous persons cousin so it's not as big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Did a scene with Sean Penn in the film he did here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Hibernianeggs

Galvasean wrote: »
    Most famous I've seen were Gleeson, Colin Farrell and Gabrielle Byrne, but I think Ireland is so small that everybody knows somebody who knows a famous persons cousin so it's not as big a deal.

That is true, my cousins uncle is Joe Duffy,no joke.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

seen filming on clonkeen road recently, anyone know what this is for?

Advertisement