Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't charge Toshiba TG01 phone (tried 2 x chargers)

Options
  • 12-01-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

As per the thread title, i simply can't charge this phone today for some reason. I have tried 2 x chargers - both of which were working fine up until late yesterday (and early this morning for one of them).

How can I troubleshoot this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Thanks for your post. I removed the battery - and replaced it - cleaned the contacts also. Tried to find someone with the same battery - but no dice.

Nipped down to maplins (a shop that i absolutely loathe due to high prices for poor quality rubbish) - got a universal mains micro usb charger - and that's working - despite the top pin in the 3 pin plug falling off!!

Naturally I paid 300%+ more than I would have done had i bought off ebay...but simply couldn't wait around for that.

Still pondering what's up with the usb to micro usb charger - which has otherwise been working without issue for many many weeks....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

No sure what kniw of usb to micro usb charger you are using but it might be the cable not the charger is having problem.

If you have a multimeter you can find out very easily.

str8_away wrote: »
    No sure what kniw of usb to micro usb charger you are using but it might be the cable not the charger is having problem.

If you have a multimeter you can find out very easily.
    Don't have access to a multimeter. However, I'm back to square one - as the charger I bought won't work now either. So...that's three different chargers, 2 x usb based ones and one mains.

I guess the micro usb port in the phone must be damaged? Anyone ever come across this sort of problem. Not really sure what to do about it!

Is this the sort of thing some of the phone shops can handle - or would I have to send it away?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Micro USB ports have a life span of a certain number of plugins, but its quite a high number.
    I've only had it 6-9 months - but I am constantly swapping between charging and usb adapter for usb keyboard - to write emails - 5 days/week.
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    If you have narrowed it down to the port it may be loose, does it wobble around when you plug it in?
    I just checked it just now...there is a little 'rock' in it. I was just going to check if the micro usb to usb -> usb keyboard connection was working but it said 'battery to low to use' (or words to that effect). i suppose that means its working - but NOT when it comes to charging??

As a workaround to the troubles I'm having above, I need to order up an external battery charger (and a spare battery) for the Toshiba TG01. I'm struggling to find that on the net. Anyone know where I can get same?

Battery model no. = Toshiba TS-BTR008 (Lith-ion 3.7VDC 1000mAh 3.7 WH).

• Advertisement

I've managed to order up a spare battery and an external universal battery charger - both off ebay from a uk seller. Hope they get to me before the week is out - as I am without a phone until then! :-(

At least when I have those, it will give me time to work out what's wrong with that micro-usb port.

- Is there any testing I could do myself with this?
    - How difficult is it to replace a micro-usb port?
    - If not recommended for a novice, anyone know anyone in Galway that's setup for this type of work?

Advertisement