Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need some info pls

Options
  • 12-01-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Im doing my driving test next week and just my luck the defogger/defroster/window heater (diffrent people call it diffrent things) its broken air hot or cold will only come out at your face no matter what the switch is turned to, dose this me make my car unsafe, basically can i still do my test in my car?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'd say you'd be ok, once the car is roadworthy otherwise (e.g. no warning lights). Not 100% on that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Once it can clear your window when it fogs up I'd say you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

Depends on the weather. If it is warm and dry you should get away with it. But if it is cold and wet and your windows are fogging up, effecting your vision you will get a mark for secondary controls. If it gets too bad the examiner could end the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mick0144 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Im doing my driving test next week and just my luck the defogger/defroster/window heater (diffrent people call it diffrent things) its broken air hot or cold will only come out at your face no matter what the switch is turned to, dose this me make my car unsafe, basically can i still do my test in my car?
    You could check if the vent to the windscreen is blocked with leaves, debris etc. (It will be located at the rear of the engine compartment below the windscreen). If the switch is actually broken see if you can manually adjust the inlet so that the windscreen becomes the default position.

Advertisement