Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iarnród Uladh, anocht ar Tg4.

Options
  • 12-01-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Beidh clár nua, Iarnród Uladh, ag tosnú anocht ar TG4 ag 8pm. Páirt a haon i sraith cheithre pháirt, faoin sean-chóras iarnród i gCúíge Uladh.

Part one of a four part series starting tonight at 8pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71194427&postcount=3

-Chris- wrote: »
    The primary language of boards.ie is English, except in the language-specific forums.

The primary language of the C&T forum is English. If you are posting in a language other than English you MUST provide a complete and accurate translation of the text in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i got the gist of it and I don't have any focal at all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Thank you to the OP for posting this information, a programme very relevant to the forum or perhaps the infrastructure forum.

To those who responded to a helpful post, in no way outside the spirit of the forum, with a quote from the forum charter I hope that the next person referring to the TGV will be treated in the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

An excellent job by all concerned. Can't wait for the next part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I enjoyed it, reasonably well done especially as it's not aimed at the likes of us!

Clogher Valley Railway next week and BCDR the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

is it totally as gaeilge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

nope and the Gaeilge bits have sub titles.

Mostly and subtitled but some of some of the interviewees spoke in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭cml387

TG4 is our BBC4.
    Lots of little interesting programs that you won't see elsewhere.
    I'm no great lover of the gaeilge but long live TG4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

<snip>

I wonder is there anywhere we can watch it again online after its finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭cml387

<snip>

Here although the site seems to be having tech problems at the moment.

It may also be country blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Missed every episode so far. Might catch it online the next night I'm faffing about.

Hope it's better than the previous TG4 railway documentary offering...recycled archive footage of broad gauge when the subject was narrow gauge, etc, etc.

<snip>

It repeats tonight at 8PM.

dmcronin wrote: »
    Missed every episode so far. Might catch it online the next night I'm faffing about.

Hope it's better than the previous TG4 railway documentary offering...recycled archive footage of broad gauge when the subject was narrow gauge, etc, etc.

All one episode ;)

Frankly I found it to be quite good, all told. Many railways weren't filmed much before they closed for many reason, the Swilly being one of them so there will be a dearth of film to hand in many cases. What there is tends to be repeated a lot or is oft shown and yes there is some recycling of material. Where it makes up is in the content and the people interviewed along with their tales and this is one area that IMO it does well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Caught it last night. Not bad, the only hiccup was brief footage of a 'Jeep' for some inexplicable reason, the scenes of customs posts on the GNRI were understandable....probably zero material of the customs posts on the Swilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I wonder if they'll do the CDR. Both were interesting railways in their own right but the comparison between the practices and philosophy of the two is also quite interesting.

Stonewolf wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll do the CDR. Both were interesting railways in their own right but the comparison between the practices and philosophy of the two is also quite interesting.

Afraid not, no. Clogher Valley, the Belfast and Co Down Railway (Featuring footage from Downpatrick) and the Ballycastle line are the other 3 lines in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Clogher Valley Railway last night was excellent I thought !!! What a quaint railway? Those unique tank engines and their huge central lamp. :D

Down the middle of the street as well, shame there's no footage of it!

They showed the same picture of the Walker railcar several times, looks like from when it was delivered going by all the suits and that it was very shiny. No mention of the similarly powered rail lorry though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

101sean wrote: »
    Down the middle of the street as well, shame there's no footage of it!

They showed the same picture of the Walker railcar several times, looks like from when it was delivered going by all the suits and that it was very shiny. No mention of the similarly powered rail lorry though.

Agree about the footage but the stills and the stories are interesting. It's on the TG4 player under documentaries for those who missed it or want to watch it again. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There's another series starting on February 9th on TG4 about lost/closed lines. Seems to be standard gauge including WRC and Harcourt St. lines. There was a short trailer after last weeks TG4 programme.

Advertisement