Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a US Dollar Savings account with Interest?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I've been advised by a number of sources that dollar is safer than euro or sterling and want to put some savings into dollars.

Is there a dollar account in an irish bank that gives interest & little\no charges? Can anyone recommend a good dollar account?

Or is it better to set up one offshore? If so, where\how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Irish banks only offer hold type accounts and offer utter crap interest rates. They also have minimum deposit amounts to open and can be as much as €15k.

So, in short best USD savings accounts are those in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnfitz69

Permanent tsb have a few. The rate would be low for demand. If your will to fix for a year, the rates increase. No min deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Irish banks only offer hold type accounts and offer utter crap interest rates. They also have minimum deposit amounts to open and can be as much as €15k.

So, in short best USD savings accounts are those in the USA.

That is, if you want a CD @ 1.98% over two years. I'd rather a punt in the market .......... or Prize Bonds until the rate goes up realistically.

Advertisement