Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: Premium SMS Scam? BlueStream 56670

Options
  • 12-01-2012 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I think I just got picked for premium SMS Scam and not sure what I should do.

I was sitting infront of TV getting ready for bed and that is when I received an SMS from premium number 56670

sms 1 @ 11-01-2012 23:33:03
    Free MSG; You are subcribed to Bling Play at 4 euro per week (2text x 2 euro) 18 only. SP: Bluestream Ph.1890928803. To unsubscribe send STOP to 57760

While I was thinking what this is about and if I should reply or not, two more text came

sms 2 @ 11-01-2012 23:38:00
    Bling Playon!

sms 3 @ 11-01-2012 23:44:54
    Your cotent is on its way from PlayOn Mobile Jukebox click link to access! SP: Bluestream 57760

I don't even use a smart phone and I don't see any link, I don't even know this company's web site.

I called Vodafone and they can't block this number and they can't tell how much I have been charged by bluestream until 48 hours.

I have not reply STOP to 57760 just yet, Should I reply STOP or does that just give scammer a change to send me more text? :confused:

Does anyone know who bluestream is?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

str8_away wrote: »
    Hi,

I was sitting infront of TV getting ready for bed and that is when I received an SMS from premium number 56670

While I was thinking what this is about and if I should reply or not, two more text came

I don't even use a smart phone and I don't see any link, I don't even know this company's web site.

I called Vodafone and they can't block this number and they can't tell how much I have been charged by bluestream until 48 hours.

I have not reply STOP to 57760 just yet, Should I reply STOP or does that just give scammer a change to send me more text? :confused:

Thanks

I dont know who they are but they all use the same MO and yes the first line of defence is to text STOP back immediately.
    NB: the STOP must be in caps and make sure you recieve the confirmation of termination of service from them

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Thanks vicM

I just sent STOP to 56670 and I got text back in about 30 seconds.
    Thank you for using BLING your service is now stopped. For help call 1890 928 803

Hope I was not charged for 3 SMS I received earlier.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

Funny that ... at 2.06am i got a text supposedly from my service provider saying hit this link for "unlimited free calls" blah blah.

My o2 texts usually say from O2 on caller id. This was sent from 086 1027582.

Want me to open to o2updated.com.

Be warned folks!

Regards, Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

rosehip wrote: »
    Funny that ... at 2.06am i got a text supposedly from my service provider saying hit this link for "unlimited free calls" blah blah.

My o2 texts usually say from O2 on caller id. This was sent from.

Be warned folks!

Regards, Rose.

The number was from someone who was phished. See this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056391597

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

i got the exact same text from 086 1027582 at 2.35am...and i'm not even an o2 customer so knew straight away that it was suspicious...spread the word people!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

Thanks vicM

I just sent STOP to 56670 and I got text back in about 30 seconds.
    Thank you for using BLING your service is now stopped. For help call 1890 928 803

Hope I was not charged for 3 SMS I received earlier.

Thanks again
    Most welcome :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mrdata

Hi,

Free MSG; You are subcribed to Bling Play at 4 euro per week (2text x 2 euro) 18 only. SP: Bluestream Ph.1890928803. To unsubscribe send STOP to 57760

Bling Playon!

Your cotent is on its way from PlayOn Mobile Jukebox click link to access! SP: Bluestream 57760

Thanks

reply stop but dont answer and texts after that. it should stop. if it does not stop call customer care number for your mobile network. Sone of these companies use different numbers to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ntbrenna

rosehip wrote: »

My o2 texts usually say from O2 on caller id. This was sent from 086 1027582.

Be warned folks!

Regards, Rose.

I think my brother got the same text message and from the same number as in the above posts; exact content of the message as follows:

"Update your O2 to make unlimited free calls to any network,click on this link http://o2updated.com copy and paste on your browser."

Absolutely got to be a scam! The usual rule of thumb applies: if something seems like it's too good to be true, it probably is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Mrdata wrote: »
    Sone of these companies use different numbers to stop
    Like a more expensive 57 number in this case, €2.50 for a stop message when it should be free or 10c. This is a pure scam, contact consumerline@comreg.ie and inform them you are not paying any charges as you never wanted these texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

Thanks for the link Earthly. i didn't know i wasn't to post the number or why ... i do now!

You learn something new everyday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Same thing happened me before just after I'd topped up by 20E. I was down to within 8E then the STOP text cost me another 4. The bad thing about it is that it can't really be stopped, any of those silly adverts on the web that claim you get something free when you enter in your phone number are obviously fake. And the thing is, you can't stop somebody from entering another persons phone number hence charging someone who wasn't even aware of the service money. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Hello everyone

Just checked my vodafone usage. and it would seem I got charged €1.63 ex VAT for 2nd and third SMS I received

57760 - Jan 11 23:44:54 - SMS - €1.63
    57760 - Jan 11 23:38:00 - SMS - €1.63

and €0.11 for sending STOP

Here is what I am thinking, the first SMS I got started with "FREE MSG" so that was not charged. then I had 5 minutes to send "STOP" if I don't want the service.

Now, I wonder if anyone can help me.
    I DID NOT sign up for this service and I have no clue what it is and I don't care what it is.
    Is there a chance that I can claim my €4.00 back?

Just feel that I have been rubbed. :mad:
    Can they just randomly pick a mobile and start sending text messages and chargin them? This a easier than rubbing a bank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Can they just randomly pick a mobile and start sending text messages and chargin them? This a easier than rubbing a bank.
    That is exactly what they are allowed to do by Comreg. Randomly rob small amounts from anyone they feel like. They will generally not take more than €20 off an individual so Comreg does not 'notice' them.

Much easier than bank robbing, consumerline@comreg.ie is the email address.

If Comreg are in any way awkward then tell them:

1. THEY, Comreg, Licence these scammers and issue 57xxx numbers.
    2. You have no contractual relationship with the scammers and do not want them to have any of your details or to have any dealings with the scammers, let Comreg sort it and remove you from their scam lists.
    3, It is nothing to do with your operator so you are NOT contacting them, Comreg can do that for you after they investigate and organise a full refund.

Advertisement