Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanium Dental Plate

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I have a Titanium dental plate - not mine, but my Mothers, who passed away last year. She always insisted it was very valuable. Anyone have any ideas as to how and where I might sell it? Bizarre post I know but if you have any clue I'd be most grateful:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Mike D wrote: »
    I have a Titanium dental plate - not mine, but my Mothers, who passed away last year. She always insisted it was very valuable. Anyone have any ideas as to how and where I might sell it? Bizarre post I know but if you have any clue I'd be most grateful:)

It was useful for her and may have sentimental value for you but is worthless apart from that....
    Sorry....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Probably the oddest post in here since i became a mod.. actually probably oddest post in here i've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

jesus h christ! maybe exhume the body and see if there's any 'gold' teeth there like the nazis:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Titanium is worth absolutely nothing, if its a cast gold plate its worth something (very unlikely as it would be gold coloured). More likely its chrome cobalt which is also worth nothing. They are expensive to have custom made and cast, however they have no scrap value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

So you let your mum arrive at the Pearly Gates, without her pearlies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's all

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Mike D

digzy wrote: »
    jesus h christ! maybe exhume the body and see if there's any 'gold' teeth there like the nazis:rolleyes:

Firstly, she was cremated
    Secondly, you shouldn't presume to know the circumstances of mine or my Mother's situation at the time of her death. As I said, she insisted the plate was valuable and insisted that I try and sell it in order to make a donation the hospice who cared for her so well in her final weeks last year. It is only now that I can face dealing with her wishes as the past 6 months have been particularly difficult. Making glib comments and passing judgement on someone with cheap shots is not helpful especially someone you dont know anything about.

I simply asked for some advise, I didn't ask you to equate my enquiry to the holocaust, nor did I ask to be the butt of your insensitive joke but if it gets you a laugh I'm sure that's all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

ask a stupid question.....................!
    and this must be one of the most ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Mike D

digzy wrote: »
    ask a stupid question.....................!
    and this must be one of the most ridiculous

Well not really

a couple of the responses I got were in fact spot on. There is little or no scrap value in Titanium although it is an extortionate price to have it custom made which would lead you to believe that there would be value in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You are now the only Irish person with three rows of teeth. Congrats.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Right, OP has got his answer but time to lock this i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Well not really

a couple of the responses I got were in fact spot on. There is little or no scrap value in Titanium although it is an extortionate price to have it custom made which would lead you to believe that there would be value in it.

Expensive yes extortionate no. It's like a bespoke suit that fits only one person. Expensive to have made, but the cloth has no resale value and the item is worthless to anyone else. I often joke with people that their dental work is an investment , witch it is but only in comfort and appearance for them and they alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement