Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick question for those on other car sites

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

ive recently joined boards.ie and two other popular car based forums( wont name them as i dont want to get into trouble) but so far ive havent been able to post even though i can log in. just wondering if any members here know whats wrong. any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

On some web forums your account has to be approved before you can post.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some forums moderate your first few posts to combat spam. Posts need approval before being displayed.

Reading the forum charter or looking in the faq section would probably answer your query

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

...while they check to make sure you're a fanboy. That's one of the advantages of Motors, loyalties are even and not focused on VAG or BMW or whatever. Actually, quite a few of us will shamelessly hook up with whatever car that takes our fancy - and live with the slagging :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ste106gti

cheers thanks for the quick reply. i think your on the other sites going by your user name(maybe im mistaken). do you know how long it usually takes to be approved

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Some forums moderate your first few posts to combat spam. Posts need approval before being displayed.

Reading the forum charter or looking in the faq section would probably answer your query
    ok i understand what you mean, but i havent even been able to make any posts in order for them to be approved. sorry if i sound like eejit its all new to me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

A lot of sites send you an email after you sign up to validate your membership and then you can post.

Did you get any of those? If not check your spam folder?

Stheno wrote: »
    A lot of sites send you an email after you sign up to validate your membership and then you can post.

Did you get any of those? If not check your spam folder?
    thats the problem alright, just checked my spam folder and there was the emails. cheers thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm going to close this, it's not a motors thread. And it's a bit odd trouble shooting troubles with other forums on this one! Anyway, I presume you're sorted now anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement