Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving a newly bought (used) car without tax n insurance

Options
  • 11-01-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

hi
    can we drive a newly bought (used) car before we receive the changed owner document?
    the tax on the car has expired on aug 2011.
    can i get the tax done without ownership doc?
    can i get insurance transferred from my other car to this car?
    i dont want to be left without a car till all the above process is complete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

can i get insurance transferred from my other car to this car?

Yes you can and make sure the transfer is done before you drive the new car.
    can i get the tax done without ownership doc?

No but if you bought from a dealer you should have the ownership doc (VLC) soon. I believe dealers are using a new online system to speed up the process.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

hi
    can we drive a newly bought (used) car before we receive the changed owner document?

Yes you can drive the car without the VLC but technically you cannot drive the car unless it's taxed. Considering you just bought the car most Gardai would be understanding.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement