Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

iPhone kit for focus

Options
  • 11-01-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a kit for this? 06 focus. Standard 6000CD stereo. I know there is a way of hooking a kit up to the cd changer port on the back of the head unit. You can also use the aux input, but what I really want is to be àble to charge the phone and also control the iPod function through the steering column controls.
    I have found a good few kits online, so if someone can shout out a recommendation for one that will do what I want it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

Ionly bought one myself the other day.by far the best and best spec on the market has to be the mki9200 I fitted in in Afew mins and it is the dogs.no holes drilled Notting.all plug and play apart from one wire.200e in halfords or 179e with there trade card.i won't tell u how good r what it does just google it parrot mki9200 a big thumbs up from me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Thanks for the reply. That looks like great unit, but I wouldn't be able to control the iPod function through the cars controls, would I? It's kind of a deal breaker for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You can do it via the remote that comes with it. The display mimics the ipod interface. Works very well. It is possible to get it to work via the stereo controls but the remote that comes with it is easier for functionality.

Seriously u don't understand how good of a set up this is.i wouldn't let anything be a deal breaker I have it in my focus and it's super.and if u must get it to connect to the controls there is a cable as stated already.seriously your not going to get a beter piece of kit then this.being honest I don't think there's anything beter out there.trust me get it.ul not regret it and I mean that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got a pic of it?

• Advertisement

Posted this only yesterday but this is it in my old car. I moved the controller to just by the armrest in the end. Simple to use while driving.

13122009352.jpg

What model is that epm? The dash is smashing.

That's the MKI 9200.

EPM wrote: »
    That's the MKI 9200.

Haha, no I mean what model Seat.

That's a 2006 Leon. Had a nice interior in the right spec, but a bit of a pain to live with. Red seats and all:D

13122009349.jpg

• Advertisement

Well thanks for the replys. I'll have a good look at the parrot. Are there any other suggestions? I wasn't actually thinking of a hands free kit when I asked the question, although its a good idea. I was looking more to just charge it and integrate the iPod aspect. I have seen a lot of kits for this but would be wary of buying a bad one.
    Perhaps the parrot does make the most sense, I was really hoping to use the existing controls though.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Well thanks for the replys. I'll have a good look at the parrot. Are there any other suggestions? I wasn't actually thinking of a hands free kit when I asked the question, although its a good idea. I was looking more to just charge it and integrate the iPod aspect. I have seen a lot of kits for this but would be wary of buying a bad one.
    Perhaps the parrot does make the most sense, I was really hoping to use the existing controls though.

I've alreaded stated twice that u can buy the lead for your car with the parrot to use the original controls I think there about 20 to 25e extra.

swhyte027 wrote: »

I've alreaded stated twice that u can buy the lead for your car with the parrot to use the original controls I think there about 20 to 25e extra.

And it does integrate the iPod aspect also that's the whole idea of the set up

Well on top of being a bluetooth kit the Parrot also has an ipod dock (which charges), an aux-in port, usb connection and sd card slot. The sd card slot is at the side of the display whereas the other connections can be neatly hidden in the glovebox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Big thumbs up for the Parrot from me too. To be honest with you man, you wouldn't need to use the steering controls. The remote that comes with the parrot is super. Simple to use, and very unobtrusive. The fact you can mount it wherever you want is a gift as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Slightly o/t for a post, anybody figured out, or know how to upload their contact photos to the kit?

swhyte027 wrote: »

Sorry I see that now in your second reply. That seems to cover the bases so. Any idea of a reference for that cable or is it listed in the kit?

Sorry I see that now in your second reply. That seems to cover the bases so. Any idea of a reference for that cable or is it listed in the kit?

You'd be as well using the kits own controller. Much easier to use.

Advertisement