Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Meteor/E-Mobile Friends and Family Offer

Options
  • 11-01-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Of those of you who might have availed of the 50% off offer from Meteor last year- I was wondering for those who opted for 12month contracts- is it possible to keep the discount once the 12 months has passed- or does it automatically switch back to full price?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056105717#

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭dubrov

I had an 18 month contract on this great deal.

Was anyone able to renew this after the contract ended?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You will keep the offer as long as you stay on the same plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭kirving

Yeah you can, but you'll need a new code should you want to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah you can, but you'll need a new code should you want to upgrade.

No you don't. At least not with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I'm due an upgrade next week. Called out to the Wilton Meteor Shop and asked about the Galaxy Nexus. I was offered it for free on the Bill Pay Smart 50. I have the family and friends discount and it does carry over to the new plan. No code required! I'll see what they offer in terms of the Galaxy S 3. I'll just take the Nexus if the S III is expensive.

• Advertisement

Just to update people,

I rang Meteor there and there is no problem in getting a new subsidised phone and maintaining my current deal.

Also, they seem to let you renew your contract 2 months before the old one ends. I didn't pick a phone yet as I was waiting for the S3 t come out to see how it affects prices for the other phones.

THe Galaxy Nexus for free seems very cheap given the meteor website is showing €179 on their top plan. I might consider that if I can get the same deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭kirving

Well, upgrading to a GS2 at christmas, and switching from 500 mins+500 texts to Smart 50 required a new code.

My own contract is past it's 18 months but I'm in two minds as to what to do. If I upgrade now to a GS3, I'll be stuck with it for 18 months, when what I really want is a Nokia Lumia Pureview which should hopefully be out in the next 6-7 months. I'm happy with my current N8, but I don't like paying for usage only when I could be paying off a phone at the same time.

I'd say the GS3 would keep a good deal of its value for the 6-7 months while you are waiting and you would have paid off nearly half its value. I'd say get the SGS3 and then, sell it on adverts and buy the Lumia sim free when it comes out. At least switch onto a sim only plan while you are waiting as they will be much cheaper.

For anyone interested, the prices on the Smart 50 plan are as follows
    Galaxy S3 - €189
    HTC One X - €189
    HTC One S - €39

All 18 motnh contracts.

I went for the HTC One S as it is cheaper and seems to get very good reviews. THe screen size on the other two was a deal-breaker for me as they are just too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

My plan when I reach the end of my contract is to switch to a monthly sim only contract which is about EUR 10 cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

How does one get onto this friends and family offer ive heard about it before. Is it through a family member working in the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

i was trying to get this for a friend. However meteor said that it finished this week. I think if you already have a voucher code you can get it. But the site for signing up for it does not allow you to get more codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Ah ok? And what was the site? Only heard about it today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

It was a meteor site were anyone with a eircom group staff id could give 4 people a voucher code that gave 50% of a 50 euro per month phone contract.

I think it was 500 min and 500 texts, or 400 minute, 400 texts and 2gb for 25 instead of 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mimsy

jd83 wrote: »
    It was a meteor site were anyone with a eircom group staff id could give 4 people a voucher code that gave 50% of a 50 euro per month phone contract.

I think it was 500 min and 500 texts, or 400 minute, 400 texts and 2gb for 25 instead of 50.
    I just got this last week. With meteir. 400 minutes, 400 texts and 2gb for €25 per month. 18 month contract and free Nokia lumia 800. Very happy as I'm a light user so will prob reduce my monthly bill by a few quid. Nice phone too.
    sales rep didn't mention the offer ending but I wasn't offered it until I called and mentioned that emobile had offered a similar plan for €35 and that I would move if meteor had nothing to offer me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mimsy

mimsy wrote: »
    jd83 wrote: »

I just got this last week. With meteir. 400 minutes, 400 texts and 2gb for €25 per month. 18 month contract and free Nokia lumia 800. Very happy as I'm a light user so will prob reduce my monthly bill by a few quid. Nice phone too.
    sales rep didn't mention the offer ending but I wasn't offered it until I called and mentioned that emobile had offered a similar plan for €35 and that I would move if meteor had nothing to offer me.

BTW I have no connection to eircom to be eligible for a group scheme

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Your voucher code is the 8 digit eircom account number on your phone bill (or anyone who has an eircom account number who will give you theirs, they will not be billed)

try it on http://offers.emobile.ie/voucher if it does not work ring emobile and get staff to do an override

Unlimited ( 10k mins ++) Mobile and Landline calls, 15Gb data.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

Hi,

Does anyone know if Meteor are doing the Friends and Family deal this Christmas?

If so, any idea what the offer is?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

Anyone have a spare Friends and Family code that they'd like to give to me???

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

hi just wondering if anyone can help, i've been on this contract for almost 3 years now and will be due an upgrade soon, however the person who was working for eircom group will not be working for them when its time to upgrade, will I still be able to avail of the deal? Last time I upgraded I didn't need to provide anything but just wondering if they would have the persons details saved

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

hi just wondering if anyone can help, i've been on this contract for almost 3 years now and will be due an upgrade soon, however the person who was working for eircom group will not be working for them when its time to upgrade, will I still be able to avail of the deal? Last time I upgraded I didn't need to provide anything but just wondering if they would have the persons details saved

Say nothing and you will be fine. I know some one in the exact same position who just signed up again last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Say nothing and you will be fine. I know some one in the exact same position who just signed up again last week.

nice one thanks :) was dreading losing it

Advertisement