Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

golf gti spark plug question

Options
  • 11-01-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

hi guys pfr6n are my current plugs, will pk20r11 or bkr6eix fit as ive two sets spare its a mk4 01 gti 1.8t cheers guys

from what ive read the heat rating is the same denso 20 = ngk 6 but just want to be double sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You are in luck. BKR6EIX are the correct NGK Iridium plugs for your car. I don't know much about Denso plug part number so can't say whether those ones are any good to you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,991 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Here's a handy site with recommended plugs from each manufacturer for your car...
    www.sparkplugs.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

cheers guys well the pk20r11 are the ngk bkr6eix equivalent as far as im aware because I just had a look there and im short 1 plug with the ngk lol cheers again guys

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Just to add,My GTI mark V had its ignition coils changed last week,the difference in the car is unreal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Kev. wrote: »
    Just to add,My GTI mark V had its ignition coils changed last week,the difference in the car is unreal...

How so? And how did you know they were going in the first place?

My fuel consumption has gone through the roof recently and the car seems a little less responsive, I'm thinking about getting it checked out. Sorry to attempt to hijack the thread but anyone have any suggestions for issues that would lead to increased fuel consumption? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Sorry for the late reply haha

My mechanic checked my car up on the system and noticed that there was a recall on Ignition coils for GTI's.

Funnily enough I've got use to the extra bit of power now and don't notice it anymore until I'm in the Passenger seat

Advertisement