Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is my crashed car worth anything (03 Civic Hatchback Front damage)

Options
  • 11-01-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if my crashed/scrap car is worth anything.

Who would collect it from me.

i was thinking of replacing it anyway.

Its an 03 civic with front bumper bonnet and headlight damage.
    radiator also needs replacing otherwise engine and the rest is fine.

Just wondering if it is worth anything, I am based in Dublin

Thanks

Eoin

Comments

Donedeal it asking €1500/€2000 and see what the response is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What colour is it? If it's a fairly standard colour, you could pick up those parts cheap enough and sell the car off then. There is always people looking for cheap reliable cars

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Depends on what's salvageable. Put up a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭voojeq

is it badly damaged at the front? from what i've read here it doesnt seem very bad

if its fixable then do it, put a fresh nct on it and sell it on

if not then ring the scrap collectors

or just put it on done deal as is like mentioned previosly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

voojeq wrote: »
    is it badly damaged at the front? from what i've read here it doesnt seem very bad

if its fixable then do it, put a fresh nct on it and sell it on

if not then ring the scrap collectors

or just put it on done deal as is like mentioned previosly

Was quoted 3k to fix it as "honda parts are very expensive" i dont know enough about cars to do much with it. Insurance wrote it off and left me with it. Just wondering what to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Can you put up some pics of the damage. Could be more underlying damage than bonnet, light and rad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Armadillo wrote: »
    Can you put up some pics of the damage. Could be more underlying damage than bonnet, light and rad.
    Getting written quote tomorrow fir what is being fixed. It also includes new bumper.

I can get a few pics tomorrow.

All that aside do garages buy crashed cars for doing up to sell on. Or is it really just scrap for parts?

Advertisement