Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Meat Company Special

Options
  • 11-01-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Large Pack of Round Mince +
    5 Chicken Fillets +
    5 Loin Pork Chops +
    1 kg Homemade Lasagne +
    800g Sausages
    All for Only €20

If anyone is broke, this is good for January. www.facebook.com/Dublin.Meat.Company

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Clementine2010

This weeks special on Dublin Meat Company

available online and in their 3 Dublin shops until next Monday
    1kg Family Lasagne + 5 Fresh Chicken Fillets + Traditional Cooked Ham - Only €13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

1kg Family Lasagne + 5 Fresh Chicken Fillets + Traditional Cooked Ham - Only €13

How much ham?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

wyndham wrote: »

How much ham?

400g - somebody asked on FB the other day. :) I got that ham before and wasn't impressed with it tbh - a bit too plasticy compared to the Denny's one I usually get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Can't imagine proper ham being inferior to Denny's...

Its definitely 'real' ham and not processed, I would never buy the sliced ham you get in shops, links to cancer and wouldn't' give them to my kids. Anyway DMC ham is proper ham and in my opinion very good quality.

• Advertisement

dorgasm wrote: »
    Can't imagine proper ham being inferior to Denny's...

The 'real' Denny one (in that annoying ad) not the 2000 slices for 50c with added sawdust kind lol!! :pac: Maybe the dmc pack I got was different but I didn't like the texture which was a shame since we've feasted on everything else we've gotten there!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

links to cancer

Link to a links please :confused::confused:

"Proper" ham is pumped with at least salt and water and maybe also Sodium Nitrate and Sodium Nitrite as preservatives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Link to a links please :confused::confused:

"Proper" ham is pumped with at least salt and water and maybe also Sodium Nitrate and Sodium Nitrite as preservatives

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/23/cut-red-meat-cancer-researchers

Although I'd be pretty surprised if DMC's ham was not similarily linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/23/cut-red-meat-cancer-researchers

Although I'd be pretty surprised if DMC's ham was not similarily linked.

That's just a general article saying eat less ham and less red meat and other earth shattering news like

"WCRF's review has also firmed up from "probable" to "convincing" its view of the protection against bowel cancer afforded by eating foods containing fibre, such as wholegrains, pulses, fruit and vegetables."

I liked this bit though

"Chris Lamb, a spokesman for BPEX and EBLEX, which represents England's pig, beef and lamb farmers ...."

Now there's a guy who's career was decided when he was christened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

36g2j4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

My own personal experience of the DMC is not very good.

I have had 2 deliveries from them. The first batch of meat was excellent. The second was some of their fillet steak on special. It was horrible - all stringy and fat.

I posted on their Facebook page and they just deleted the comment. I will not buy from them again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

20 Euros for all that meat is still good value id say people will be buying wish they were near me lol

[EDIT]

They do deliveires nationwide :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was just looking at their delivery charges. Its free delivery over 70 euro...didint it used to be over 50 euro at one time or am i delusional:rolleyes:

I only every got two deliveries from them and both times it was free as I ordered over €70, usually pop over to them and stock up when I'm over the northside. Got their special earlier 4 Large Irish Fillet Steaks for €15, they look great, will have them for dinner tonight and report back on the quality .

Laters...

Drive over and save the €5 delivery...and put it towards one of the deserts/cakes - it cancels out then....honest!! :D:D

Or walk the 18miles over and buy 5 desserts the calories will be negated by the walk. Not a dessert person though!

Had the steaks for dinner last night, they were top quality and 4 for €15 so we were happy with them, and I have to say I have a fussy lot here. Thats the second time I've got steaks there, last time they weren't on special though and the quality seemed the same. Had tesco ones recently that were dire so pleasantly surprised by these.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

I prefer their specials where you get a huge load of meat for €20.

yeah they are good, wonder how they do it, they can't make any money on it. Their meat packs are good value and easy, just ordered the family meat pack for €40 , shove it all in the freezer.

I have to cut down on our grocery bills they're astronomical, mainly because we're disorganized and buy food as we go along mostly. I'm going to get weekly deliveries from DMC to try get our food bills down, and just buy the rest in lidl/aldi! Aiming to half our bills, lets see if it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Got them fillet steaks before, they are cheap at 4 for 20euro but I found them not that good and were pretty small.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

m.j.w wrote: »
    Got them fillet steaks before, they are cheap at 4 for 20euro but I found them not that good and were pretty small.

They are infact 4 for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

ah right thats even better value then but not the best steak imo

Advertisement