Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braces Gone Yellow..

Options
  • 11-01-2012 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Iv recently got fitted with 6 month braces. However, I have began to notice that some of the clear braces fitted on each tooth have began to turn yellow, along with the tops of my teeth. Is there anyway I can fix this? I know now I have to cut back on tea/foods that stain, and that I should invest in an automatic toothbrush istead of my normal one. But is there anyway to get rid of these 'yellow braces?' I plan to get them whitened after the braces get taken off, but I dont fancy waiting another few months with half yellow half white braces!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It's probably the ligatures/ties/whatever you call them that are staining. The elastic things that your ortho puts on your braces everytime you get them changed. The brackets don't stain.

At your next adjustment they will be changed and go back to the clear colour.

I find that curry is the only one that really stains mine dramatically. Tea and coffee do stain overtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Smoking really stains them as well. when I got the elastics on my braces I tried to smoke as little as possible and always brushed after. It really is awful as it makes your teeth look dirty. You could go back to the ortho and ask them to change the elastics more often but there will prob be an additional charge for it.

Advertisement