Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stenciling New Bike

Options
  • 11-01-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Having had my last bike stolen, I want to personalise my new bike so it is instantly recognisable, therefore cant be resold if stolen

My thoughts were to cut out stickers and paint over this.

Any thoughts of what type of paint I should use?

Weight is not an issue, so i dont mind if the paint is 3mm thick because it means potential thief cannot respray

What type of spay paint should I use, Cheaper the better?

Is there any reason I cant use paint I have at home - ie just use Acrylic oil paint

Thanks

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You could make it so gut-wrenchingly ugly that no-one would want to steal it.

147866.JPG

(with apologies to Keep_Her_Lit)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

that was my thinking, but I may as well have an MTDELANY branded bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭BeardySi

gloss car paint in spraycans from somewhere like halfruads will do the job nicely - just make sure the surface you're spraying is nice and clean...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭PurpleBee

and dont paint the brakes, like I did. but even though I made my bike really ugly by accident by painting it really badly, it was still stolen within a week. my only hope is that whoever stole it found out about the brakes the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

PurpleBee wrote: »
    and dont paint the brakes, like I did. but even though I made my bike really ugly by accident by painting it really badly, it was still stolen within a week. my only hope is that whoever stole it found out about the brakes the hard way.

That was another reason to use a liquid paint rather than a spray... well that and I dont want a big orange patch in my drive way, front door etc :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Lumen wrote: »
    You could make it so gut-wrenchingly ugly that no-one would want to steal it.

147866.JPG

(with apologies to Keep_Her_Lit)
    Water off a duck's back, mate. :D

FYI, The Wasp Mk. II is almost ready to fly. I would advise you and other like minded aesthetes NOT to view any pics I may post. You have been warned.

Advertisement