Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight alignment

Options
  • 11-01-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

My yoke failed again this morning on headlight alignment. Slightly high.

I took it back to the tyre place and they demonstrated to me that the adjuster is at it's maximum setting so they modified the fitting slightly.

It was borderline even with the mod.

The NCT took it back without a booking (fair play) and it was looking like another fail but the tester (Fair play again) asked one of the lads to jump into the drivers seat to weight the car down.

Passed. (some very nice chaps in the Naas test centre)

My question is, would tired front suspension (car looks a bit high) cause this test to fail (lights aiming high)

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

E39MSport wrote: »
    My yoke failed again this morning on headlight alignment. Slightly high.

I took it back to the tyre place and they demonstrated to me that the adjuster is at it's maximum setting so they modified the fitting slightly.

It was borderline even with the mod.

The NCT took it back without a booking (fair play) and it was looking like another fail but the tester (Fair play again) asked one of the lads to jump into the drivers seat to weight the car down.

Passed. (some very nice chaps in the Naas test centre)

My question is, would tired front suspension (car looks a bit high) cause this test to fail (lights aiming high)

Cheers.

It would need to be seriously worn(read-collapsed) to send the headlights outside their adjustment range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Was it just 1 lamp or both that failed?

Your suspension shouldn't be the cause of your misalignment, it's more likely a fault with the headlamp mounting position or a fault with the headlamps. Did you have a lot of weight in the boot? This may push the back down enough but I can't see it being the cause unless your backbox was rubbing off the tarmac!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Okay, thanks.

No weight in the back and car is driving fine.

I think detailing Stewie took the front end apart so I might have a look at the light mounting.

Passed anyway.

Cheers.

(Still getting the JOM coilovers :D )

edit: - was both, but after first alignment it was just the drivers one that needed a mod. Good point. Must be fitting or something along those lines.

Advertisement