Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reasonable PC Spec for FM2012... ?

Options
  • 11-01-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭

My desktop has died and I will replace it soon. It won't be a gaming pc in terms of new graphic intensive games. Haven't played FM since FM2008 but might try to get back into it. To get a good experience in terms of game speed (with a decent few databases) what would people recommend without going OTT in terms of cost (would like to buy desktop only, no monitor, hopefully about 400 euro). I guess my main confusion is over the graphics card for 3d. Is a basic integrated card enough or do I need to get something better. I don't know anything about graphics cards really...

Below is the min requirements from wiki for FM2012 but I am more interested in a spec that will give a good gaming experience without going overboard, not just the min req.

System requirements
    Microsoft Windows, Steam (software), Internet connection

Minimum:
    OS – Windows 7
    CPU – XP 1.4GHz or Faster; Vista/W7 2.0GHz or Faster
    Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon
    Memory – XP 512MB RAM; Vista/W7 1.0GB RAM
    Hard Drive Space – 2GB
    DVD-Drive – 4x Speed
    GPU – Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater with at least 128mb of memory
    Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible
    DirectX – Version 9.0c (included)
    Input – Keyboard, Mouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

jaykay74 wrote: »
    My desktop has died and I will replace it soon. It won't be a gaming pc in terms of new graphic intensive games. Haven't played FM since FM2008 but might try to get back into it. To get a good experience in terms of game speed (with a decent few databases) what would people recommend without going OTT in terms of cost (would like to buy desktop only, no monitor, hopefully about 400 euro). I guess my main confusion is over the graphics card for 3d. Is a basic integrated card enough or do I need to get something better. I don't know anything about graphics cards really...

Below is the min requirements from wiki for FM2012 but I am more interested in a spec that will give a good gaming experience without going overboard, not just the min req.

System requirements
    Microsoft Windows, Steam (software), Internet connection

Minimum:
    OS – Windows 7
    CPU – XP 1.4GHz or Faster; Vista/W7 2.0GHz or Faster
    Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon
    Memory – XP 512MB RAM; Vista/W7 1.0GB RAM
    Hard Drive Space – 2GB
    DVD-Drive – 4x Speed
    GPU – Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater with at least 128mb of memory
    Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible
    DirectX – Version 9.0c (included)
    Input – Keyboard, Mouse
    Hi
    I bought a laptop last week with these specs

Toshiba 15.6 HD display
    Intel Pentium 2.2 ghz processer (win7)
    4gb Ram
    Intel HD graphics
    500gb HDD

With those specs the game works incredibly fast and with graphics at the middle setting. I payed €399

Anything with those specs or above will do just fine.

Edit: a basic graphics card will be fine. It's only games such as Battlefield 3 etc that require advanced graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

The more cores your processor has the better for this game, as its basically excel in a games format, the cpu does plenty of arithmetic and processing of huge fixture lists. I'd recommend a quad core CPU (for any game being played on a PC) and at least 2GB RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Tbh, if my near 5 year old macbook can run it, any modern machine can. I should also state however that I don't watch games in 3D though. My graphics card won't allow me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Better off getting a graphics card that isnt Integrated. This uses alot of the memory then. As Crosaidi said try and get one with a few processors. There is a Toshiba in Harvey Norman. AMD but has quad core precossor and 512mb seperate Graphics card.
    Works a treat for me. Can actually run 10 leagues and still ahve 4/5 stars!

Advertisement