Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Tax

Options
  • 11-01-2012 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

Remarkably quiet in here after the furore and indignation of pensioners getting the ill considered letters recently.
    Anyone being stung badly? Anyone actually better off? Are we all pension tax savvy and correctly up to date.
    As I'm not yet in receipt of a pension I can only comment on my mum's and yay, after much hand-wringing and near panic there is to be no change in her income.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,081 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think it was another 'divide and conquer' exercise. While everyone is busy abusing the wealthy pensioners for being a drain on the state they are not asking about more relevant and pertinent issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I am not collecting a pension yet myself, and I am not at all sure how I will be affected when I am collecting it. Especially as the rules here are different to those you have to deal with. So I must reluctantly avoid constructive comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

No pension for me for a few years yet, and no private pension either, so no comments from me I'm afraid. Probably won't be anything left for me by the time I have to apply.

Advertisement