Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot my cashback

Options
  • 11-01-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

I was at a bar last night and I asked for cashback. I was waiting for a minute or two and I got my card and receipt back. I then walked off without the cash. Anyone know if the bar will give me the money today as I have the receipt? I will head in after work.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ask them and find out, when they counted up the till they would/should have noticed the discrepancy, assuming the barman didn't pocket the cash.

How much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

It was 30 quid, 30 quid I can't really afford to be throwing away!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

In the supermarkets they make you initial their copy of the receipt as acknowledgement you have received the cash - is this not the case in the pub? (I dont usually use cashback!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

You might get the same bar man, when I hand out cash back I always intentionally circle the cash back amount, so I don't forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

They usually don't ask for initials in bars anyway to my knowledge. I rang them after work yesterday and was told that the manager would check the takings from the till and get back to me. They rang last night and said I could call in and collect it. Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement