Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range cookers and turkeys

Options
  • 11-01-2012 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

We're in the process of renovating our forever home and we've always dreamed of a range cooker so we reckon this is the time to do it.

I'm leaning towards a Belling Country Classic as they seem much more reasonable than rangemaster etc and I've read favourable comments about them. HOWEVER I've just read one disturbing user review which said that the main oven doesn't fit a big turkey!! Seems disastrous to have an oven you can't cook a family size turkey in for Christmas. Does anyone have any experience of cooking turkeys in range style ovens and if so, have you had any problems?

Any comments would be much appreciated, don't want to end up with an oven we can't cook Christmas dinner in!

Thanks,

MrsH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Most range "style" cookers are built on the principle of putting 2 cookers together, the Belling being 100cm would therefor using 2 50cm cookers, a 50cm oven would struggle with any large joint. The Rangemaster cookers come in more configurations, you'll get 30cm ovens upto 60cm ovens side by side upto 2 60cm side by side a lot more options, and with the Rangemaster you get a better build quality, IMHO.

Hope thats a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jackdee

I worked for a kitchen company until last year and we had a Belling and a Beko range cooker in the showroom. For the money, they were ok. But just ok. Had an issue with one of the ovens in the Beko. The Belling does have small ovens, so this might be an issue for you.

The Rangemaster is more expensive than the Beko and Belling. The best range cookers you can get are Britannia. The come in various sizes from 900mm, 1000mm, 1100mm, 1200mm and 1500mm. Great features and great choice of sizes. But, more expensive than Rangemaster. The one that was in the showroom was a 1000mm and retailed at €2,800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Oscar2009

What Range cooker did you go for and are you happy with it. We were looking at them today and the Christmas Turkey was my main concern.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

We have the Rangemaster Professional 90 (one gas oven & one electric oven) & it happily fitted a large turkey in it at Xmas.:)

Advertisement