Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Canaria-any reccomendation for place to stay?

Options
  • 11-01-2012 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Me and my wife planning to go at the end of march to Gran Canaria. Anyone can recommend some place to stay (quiet)?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Resort wise I would say Playa Del Ingles would be quiet enough that time of year.. any later and I would say Maspalomas would be your best bet..

Hotel wise, if you're looking for something a bit upmarket, the Rio Palace resorts are lovely if a bit pricey.. there are a couple of them dotted around the Canaries..

If you're looking for apartments.. my advice would be avoid the likes of the Greenfields/Greenparks.. they're not great :o I stayed in them when I was a young'n and they're very close to the Irish Center and can be quite noisy around there at night, even during the quiet season..

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

What about Puerto Rico?
    I found very interesting hotel over there :Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel looks nice and have option AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I would second Maspalomas - we love it there. Last time we were there we stayed here http://www.cordialresortholidays.com/Gran-Canaria/Cordial-Green-Golf-Bungalows/

Aboslutely lovely!

Assuming you are not going for the easter hols!

Its from 24 till 31 march.
    Another one interesting hotel in Playa del Ingles is Riu Waikiki with reasonable prices.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I can recommend the Lopesan Villa del Conde in Meloneras, you're wife would be very pleased with the choice too ;)

Top tip, rent a car for a day or two and drive up into the interior of the island, stunning views and a whole different world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Stayed in the Marina Suites in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago - they were really nice. If you're looking for peace and quiet - Puerto Mogan is probably your best bet.

Playa Del Ingles is a manky sh*thole IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Mogan is lovely. Well worth going that little bit further if you're looking for peace and quiet.

+1 on car hire. The interior of the island is fantastic.

Ok so Ill try to find something in Puerto Rico or Maspalomas.
    Cordial Mogan Valle this one looks nice and have it full board option coz we want to stick it or All Inclusive.
    Just wonder how long it takes to get there from airport.
    Oh yeah another question is there many of cockroaches over there? heard that some hotels have problem with them.

I think we will choose this hotel: Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel in Puerto Rico .Im going to book it from hotels.com and with the discount code 10% the total is 1,442.38 € All Inclusive.
    Anyone book the hotel from this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Puerto de Mogan is nicer than puerto rico, the drive up is worth the trip alone

Yes Ill try to go there but prefer to stay at puerto rico:-)

• Advertisement

I booked Gloria Palace Amadores.

Advertisement