Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Job Sites?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi,

Any tips on which job websites are best?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Depends on what you sector your looking at to be honest I found www.reed.co.uk pretty good. Loads of jobs, lets you store your CV, easy to navigate and lets you see how many people have applied for each position.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭byebye

Depends on what you sector your looking at to be honest I found www.reed.co.uk pretty good. Loads of jobs, lets you store your CV, easy to navigate and lets you see how many people have applied for each position.

Cheers! had a look and seems good plenty of jobs in my field!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BreffniWeffni

reed.co.uk is probably the most used site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Irelandsfinest

I've used hays in the past and driver temps if you're looking logisitc and warehousing work. Both got me work when i was over in the UK, rate of pay so-so. They always have plenty of jobs on line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

As above:

I've got a couple of jobs via Reed, also the recruitment agencies tend to look at the CV's on Reed.

Also worth trying www.Monster.co.uk too, another big player in the UK jobs market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steve56

I have used http://www.id-ss.com/ in the past and they helped me out tremendously.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Would anyone be able to suggest the best website for Graduate Electrical engineering jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

The Guardian website is pretty good, but often it can pay to do a bit of homework yourself & approach companies directly — if they don't have to pay a few thousand in agency fees they might be more likely to take you on, especially at a graduate level.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

I found cv-library.co.uk to be the best, but really depends what job you are looking for.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16 txl

Monster.co.uk, totaljobs.co.uk, direct.gov (English FAS), reed.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Does anyone know of any Social Care specific websites? Such as www.activelink.ie here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

ElleEm wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any Social Care specific websites? Such as www.activelink.ie here?

I'm not sure of any specific sites I'm afraid but TotalJobs is always filled with socail care jobs if I remember correctly. Also if you have your eye on a particular part of the UK to move to then the localised papers online sections usually have a job section that, I knew in our area so maybe its specific, is filled with socail care jobs on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm not sure of any specific sites I'm afraid but TotalJobs is always filled with socail care jobs if I remember correctly. Also if you have your eye on a particular part of the UK to move to then the localised papers online sections usually have a job section that, I knew in our area so maybe its specific, is filled with socail care jobs on a regular basis.

Would never have thought of the local papers route. I was filtering searches that cover the whole country on some sites. I assume it won't be only social care jobs, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Would never have thought of the local papers route. I was filtering searches that cover the whole country on some sites. I assume it won't be only social care jobs, right?

I can't speak for the local paper in the area you're looking into, I know though that the local paper here you can filter the jobs to be more specific so I'd hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Catherine!

Funk It wrote: »
    I found cv-library.co.uk to be the best, but really depends what job you are looking for.

Best of luck
    Yes, I have had several agencies (including one which became my actual employer) contact me after seeing my CV on CV Library. I've also had one or two others approach me after seeing my details on Reed and www.totaljobs.com.

Advertisement