Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

rags for cleaning oil engines, etc.

Options
  • 10-01-2012 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can buy a bundle of rags suitable for cleaning up engine stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I bought a pack some time ago from my local auto factors for about 12/15 quid I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

I got a "Bag of Rags" from Tesco for a few €, they're basically off cuts from their clothing I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I sometimes cut up old t-shirts and use them, no point in paying money to mop up oil when you can get them for free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Wait til your local band of fake charity leafleting crew leaflet your estate, then creep out early on collection day and cut out the middleman? (obviously only do this for fake charities)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Try your local charity shop, you should pick up a bag of rags cut up quite cheap. I got them in Oxfam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Old t-shirts FTW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I sometimes cut up old t-shirts and use them, no point in paying money to mop up oil when you can get them for free :D

I do the same thing, cheap way of getting rags....I keep my old t-shirts for this exact reason!

Advertisement