Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggest a van

Options
  • 10-01-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm putting this up on behalf of my brother.

He is in the market for a van.

Scope of requirements;

Size; Ford Transit Connect/Citreon Dispatch
    Budget; Max €2,000

Sliding side doors would be a big plus.

He is considering an '03 Dispatch at the moment. It's going for DOE today, so hoping to get a look at it later in the week. 78k miles, asking €1950. Reckon he will take a fair offer.

Any thoughts on this van? Stuff to watch out for??

Any other suggestions really appreciated also.

Cheers very much.!

PS; He has a '00 LWB Transit Pick-Up (Not Tipper) for sale if anyone is interested.

Mods; If this is in the wrong forum, apologies. Please feel free to move it. I couldn't find a commercial vehicle forum, so figured here was most suitable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Just giving this a quick bump before it falls of page 1.!!

Busy thread today.! Apologies if this is frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

One last bump.!

I'm going to look at the '03 Dispatch tonight.

It went through the DOE on the 2nd attempt according to the seller.

Failed 1st time on brake discs, light shining up to the sky and winscreen washer blocked. All now rectified and doe'd.

It sounds like a genuine van. If anyone has any cautionery tales regarding this model please feel free to pass them on, or alternatively, if they are a mighty van tell me all the good stories.

Thanks.

I'll update tomorrow if I bought it.

Advertisement