Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mazda 323 wipers not working

Options
  • 10-01-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have 00 mazda 323 1.3,

Today the wipers stopped working no movement at all when i turn them on, the first thing i thought it might be is a fuse but when i turn the wipers on i can hear a noise which i think may be the motor and also the window washer is working.

Any ideas what it could be as i can't get to a garage for a few days( lets hope the rain stops)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

If you can hear the motor working, it's probably the linkages that are at fault, whether somethings just popped off or totally fubared. You would have to strip back whatever was in your way to get a look at it. If you do go investigating, don't go sticking your fingers in with the motor running, you might lose some skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

+1
    You'll probably find you can freely move the wiper arms by hand. I had this issue on my daughter's car, the linkage has a ball and socket arrangement connecting to the arm driven by the motor, it just popped back on. There's a plastic trim under the windscreen secured by about 4 screws I think. I had to do it in lashing rain !

Let the motor stop by itself in its parking position and put the wipers to a suitable parking position before re-attaching linkage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Thanks a lot ill check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Be extremely careful with wipers, they're quite powerful when they're working, they may come on when you're not expecting it.

If you're messing around with linkages or spindles - disconnect the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Be extremely careful with wipers, they're quite powerful when they're working, they may come on when you're not expecting it.

If you're messing around with linkages or spindles - disconnect the battery.

sound advice mate will do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement