Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

08 Avensis wing mirror LED issue

Options
  • 10-01-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I drive an 08 Toyota Avensis and my car recently failed the NCT (what a surprise!), anyway the most expensive item was the drivers side wing mirror LEDs.

They are only intermittently working, sometimes all LEDs flash other times about 3 of the LEDS.

Garage is quoting around €120 to replace & fit which seems steep. I've since being quoted €51.31 for just the LED assembly. Can anyone advise me on how to fit this. I'll take a look this evening to see if there's a lose cable but am a little worried to start pulling off plastics etc. with no manual to guide me.

Thanks for your time

Mal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm guessing you walloped the wing mirror and the seal on the unit broke, letting in water.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

There's a nice hole in mine. I took the water out and covered it with see through plastic. I haven't had it changed yet and asked here and got nothing helpful. Went to the Toyota owners club and there was a lad who had the same issue. He told me that you can get the lens (assuming that's your only issue) direct from Mr T and its easily replaced. Let me know how you get on though.

It sounds like its the board.

I'd so be swapping the one off the other side for the retest if I thought they'd only check that side...

Or find a generous neighbour.

Just stat going to mass. Loads there!

• Advertisement

Was waiting on that :D

Advertisement