Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel Prices at Econ Fuels in Louth

Options
  • 10-01-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone used this filling station that's just off the M1 (they have an electronic sign advertising their prices on the motorway lane that's coming from the north). Currently selling diesel for €1.399 a litre which is at least 10 cent cheaper than any other filling station in the area. I filled up there last week (I drive a banger with an old SDI engine that will run on anything anyway) and haven't had any problems. Filled up a jerrycan and the fuel wasn't marked and didn't contain any sediment that I could discern.

Anyone in the know about these guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

I'd be hazarding a guess that it's the South Armagh blend thats for sale there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Their station in Ardee town has been closed for fuel for the last few weeks, supposedly they got a visit from customs:rolleyes:

It's not surprising, there is only one way that these tiny operations can sell fuel cheaper then the global brands!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I know them well.

We can't tell you if they are dodgy or not as we can't prove it but I can tell you that if the price is too good to be true then it generally is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I wouldn't use them too often if I was you, as ND says there's an Econ fuels in Ardee which was selling fuel much cheaper than anyone else before but has stopped selling fuel for the last few weeks. The actual shop is still open though.

Not in Econ fuels but in a similarly priced station I've also noticed when filling up my mothers Fiesta that despite the price per litre being lower than other stations it has actually cost more to fill up on some occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

draffodx wrote: »
    when filling up my mothers Fiesta that despite the price per litre being lower than other stations it has actually cost more to fill up on some occasions.

Looks like thats becoming contageous ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

My mother always said, "if you can't say something nice, it's best to say nothing at all"

And to quote Forrest Gump (whos a ringer for my mother as if happens) "and that's all I got to say about that"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hammertime wrote: »
    My mother always said, "if you can't say something nice, it's best to say nothing at all"

And to quote Forrest Gump (whos a ringer for my mother as if happens) "and that's all I got to say about that"

In saying that I know people who swear by the stations and use them all the time without issue so who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

I got diesel in one those stations a few times in my old van .
    It dident Tickover the best on it .
    So I chucked in some 2stroke oil and it was fine .
    Ironically it turns the diesel red or green depending on which type of 2 stroke ur using !

Their station in Ardee town has been closed for fuel for the last few weeks, supposedly they got a visit from customs:rolleyes:

It's not surprising, there is only one way that these tiny operations can sell fuel cheaper then the global brands!

Is the other one that is up the road at the same price still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

draffodx wrote: »
    Not in Econ fuels but in a similarly priced station I've also noticed when filling up my mothers Fiesta that despite the price per litre being lower than other stations it has actually cost more to fill up on some occasions.
    I kept an eye on that when I was filling up, seemed about right to me.

I drive a set amount of mileage, so I should be expecting to fill up again this time next Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

vetstu wrote: »
    Is the other one that is up the road at the same price still open?

The one direrctly oposite Lidl(or aldi, whichever)? Ardee service station I think they call it, yes its still open.....for now.

Now that I'm running a modern diesel I don't fill up anywhere local any more!:eek:

The one direrctly oposite Lidl(or aldi, whichever)? Ardee service station I think they call it, yes its still open.....for now.

Now that I'm running a modern diesel I don't fill up anywhere local any more!:eek:

Yeah that one. Johnny must have pull to be staying open. He's been at the oil racket for years.probably knows who to be friendly to.
    I only fill up in the Topaz depot (oriel oils) in Carrick. Don't trust any of the garages. A lot of people have the same idea too

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

I passed the ardee one this morning
    1.48.9 diesel
    Not as cheap as it was before

Advertisement