Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Sales in Dublin

Options
  • 10-01-2012 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey, I am looking to buy a road bike and have hearad that there is a weekly market in dublin which sells bikes at hugely discounted prices. I believe its near DIT but am not sure about this. Could someone let me know what the story is with it? Ie. Where is it on, when and can I trust the bikes they are selling? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I know that there is a market off Gardiner St on a Saturday morning, where a lot of stolen bikes are allegedly sold. According to a newspaper story from last September, when a woman reported her son's stolen bike to the Gardai, they told her to go there and see if she could buy it back :eek:

To be honest, any bike you buy very cheap from a market will be either stolen or broken I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 electrojim

Yeah I think thats the one I was thinking of. Might pop over to it this Saturday to have a look. Should be of decent standard but if something goes wrong its m problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

electrojim wrote: »
    Yeah I think thats the one I was thinking of. Might pop over to it this Saturday to have a look. Should be of decent standard but if something goes wrong its m problem!

That includes something legal going wrong if you're found in possession of a stolen bike afterwards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

RT66 wrote: »
    That includes something legal going wrong if you're found in possession of a stolen bike afterwards.

This, plus all the bad karma you'll get for funding bicycle theft!

Advertisement