Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Podcasts

Options
  • 10-01-2012 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey, have been listening to business and football podcasts for about 5 years now and would like something new. Any good suggestions out there? Are the Tommy Tiernan or Ricky Gervais worth downloading? Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Don't know about the Tommy Tiernan one as I haven't listened to it, but you should definitely download the Gervais ones.

Actually, you should download the XFM shows first as you see how they discover Karl and gradually introduce him into the shows until he becomes the focus for the comedy. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The comedy button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Not strictly a comedy podcast button I've started listening to Mark Marons WTFpod and he mostly seems to have comics on it. It can be interesting listening to people talking about comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 woodnatalie

Many Questions is a comedy audio podcast, on the Guardian Unlimited website. The show is based on question/answer current affairs programs such as Any Questions? and Question Time, but given a comical element.

The show is presented by Lucy Porter. Members of the audience and listeners to the show ask and email the panel topical questions which the guests have to answer.

The show had a pilot episode, which featured Sarah Kendal, Glenn Wool, Matt Kirshen and Arnab Chanda. A series of five episodes were broadcast between April and June 2007.[1] The final edition was presented by Jon Holmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 philipjames

Thanks a lot for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Comedy Bang Bang is easily one of the best comedy podcasts out there. It's consistently great. Rarely a dud episode. I'd recommend starting with episode 122 which features Zach Galifianakis and Paul F. Tompkins pretending to be Werner Herzog.

WTF with Marc Maron is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

My favourite two (and I admit up-front that they're both pretty geeky) are Bell's in the Batfry and Teknikal Diffikulties. I'll link with a couple of caveats:

1. John Bell of Bell's in the Batfry hasn't been quite on top of his game for the last few episodes as he's been busy doing things like trying to make a living. The show is pretty off-kilter, often hanging on large set-ups for truly dreadful puns, combined with Abbot-and-Costello style rapid-fire wordplay and the occasional silly song-and-dance number (minus the dance). Link

2. Cayenne Chris Conroy of Tekdiff alternates between sketch comedy and fantasy audio drama. He's currently on a series of the latter, so you'll definitely have to go back a few episodes if you're looking for comedy. In the past year, he also got a bit existentialist, and was writing for people who were already established fans a bit, but I'd recommend trying out a few (I'll link to a couple of my favourites) to see what you think. Going down and Hivemind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Peacock and Gamble podcast - http://peacockandgamble.com/podcast/

The Ricky Gervais XFM radio shows featuring Karl Pilkington

Answer me this podcast - http://answermethispodcast.com/

Advertisement