Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Match Thread*** Tue 10/1 20:15 WES2 EweTuppers FC

• 10-01-2012 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Clay - away
    Ed - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - away
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Gary - in
    Cathal - in
    Collie - in
    Joe - in
    Wes - in
    Aaron - in
    Gavan - away
    Darragh - in
    Declan - in
    Gar - in
    Cormac - in

Dave -

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

sorry to be missing this lads. lets get another 3 points in the bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

sorry to be missing this lads. lets get another 3 points in the bag!

i guess theres no chance of a lift then :)

ill probably cycle up anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

5-2 win and an excellent second-half performance.

To our legions of silent Boards.ie supporters - you'll be glad to know that the matter of all time greatest goal for Boardeaux, which I'm sure you've been kept up countless nights pondering about, has been resolved quite conclusively: Wes scored from the half-way line from literally the second touch of the game. Gary tapped the kick-off to Wes and he just blemmed it into the top corner, funny thing is their keeper didn't even look like getting close to it. Brilliant stuff altogether.

We went on to have a very sloppy (somewhat due to rustiness of our first game after the break) first half: we just weren't making the right decisions and were playing too many loose passes, we didn't handle the strong wind at our backs well and gave away one of the sloppiest goals we've conceded in a long time to make it 1-1 at the break.

Great to see everyone chiming in with observations and suggestions at half-time and that these were taken onboard: we were a different team in the 2nd half and played the right game into the wind - getting it down and playing it across the park when needed and getting it into the box promptly when the opportunity was there in the final third, and most of the goals came from that approach.

We went 2-1 up thanks to Wes' second and they equalised with a longranger that took a vicious slippery bounce. The spirit we showed then was great to see - we really wanted it more and everyone kept pushing forward and that's how we got the 3rd from my header before Deccie added two finely taken goals, the first a beaut of a bullet header from Joe's peach of a corner. Good workrate right to the end means we're still in contention - we may need results to go in our favour, but we are still in with a shout of winning this league and play both the top two teams to resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

good win in awful conditions, that pitch just seems to be breezy no matter when you play there.

great second half alright, against a gail force breeze so that in itself tells you how well we played, to win it 4-1 says enough.

poor in first half and never got going at all, they got in behind us 3 or 4 times, but once they equalised the first time, we upped it a bit and drove on from there. that first goal they scored, whatever about the mess before their lad got free in the box, was either the biggest stroke of genious or the biggest fluke ever. he shaped up to hit it low to the right of the goal and ended up completely miskicking it by toe poking it into the oppositite top corner...

excellent header from jules for our 3rd, one of the best headed goals ive seen this team score. i actually missed the first goal,as i was still getting ready, thats how quickly it was scored, it literally was 2 or 3 seconds straight in from the tip off.

Thanks again for doing another quality job in goals Ed, much appreciated.

Yeh I was far away from the play for their first goal and remember saying to myself that it was a devastating finish from a player who didn't look up to much before or after it, so a mi**** sounds about right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Cant really add much more to all that.

Great 2nd half after most of us needed to shake of the Xmas cobwebs in a horrible 1st half!

Some fantastic goals.

# Probably the fastest goal in asto league history by Wes??

# Jules header was top notch, powered into top corner on a angled cross from a fair distance out.

# and Decco both feet of the ground flying in full pelt with a bullet header from a corner.

Lets bring that 2nd half performance and quailty finishing into next Tuesdays big match. All we can do is win our last 2 games and see what happens & try & finish as high as possible in the league by winning the last 6 points available. Other results can still go our way.

I fully believe we are the best footballing side in the league but we still need to prove that and bring home the title. I think we are very close to that! We lost a good few key players in the big games this season and lost a few silly goals in other matches we deserved to win but those are the fine lines between success or not, if we dont win it this season then this years summer league is looking very promising for us imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I remember "someone else" scoring for Boardeaux from around the half way line too, although it was a bit flukey if "someone else" says so themselves.

Good to see the team doing so well, it looks like the league title is just out of reach this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Well Done Lads Great Result.
    Lets go out and try and take 6 points from the last 2 games and try and decide were the title is going.
    But As Joe Said We Are By Far The Best Footballing Team In The League and it does not help when you cannot get your full strength squad up for every game.

To our legions of silent Boards.ie supporters.

There have been 95 additional views of this thread since I posted that and since there's only 15 of us, it's fair to say we've had 80 silent boards.ie supporters keeping an eye on how we're doing. That's good to know and that qualifies as a legion in my book!

If you're someone interested in joining for next season, give us a shout, if you're an interested onlooker, thanks for your implicit support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

i keep sketch on the team from time to time would like to play but the wes is miles from me comign from palmerstown. but good luck in your title run in :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement