Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Root canal question

Options
  • 10-01-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the middle of getting a root canal - had the first appointment where they have cleared out the pulp and put in a temporary filling whilst waiting to see if all the infection is gone.

I had an abscess on my gum above my tooth and it hasn't gone away. The dentist said to contact him if there was any pain or swelling and that he could prescribe antibiotics/painkillers if necessary. I've had no pain or swelling but the abscess dosen't seem to be going away/getting smaller.

Should I contact the dentist and get some antibiotics or should I just wait for the second appointment next week to see what the dentist says.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

If your not in pain it would be safe to wait until the next visit, however if its months away, I would go sooner. Might be best for peace of mind to ring and tell the dentist and let them decide whether to bring you in again earlier.

Good luck.
    fitzgeme

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nick1984

go and get the painkillers/anti biotics just to have them at hand just in case you do get any pain i have an abssed tooth at the moment.and it has had me climbing the walls with the pain im curentley taking the medication to keep it at bay im currentley awaiting hopefully soon to have the tooth extracted as its too far gone to have a filling put in place.

Advertisement