Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad 2 and Light Bleed

Options
  • 09-01-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

so i got a brand new ipad 2 for christmas and i have noticed when watching a film or trailer in a darkened room that there are 2 spots on the left hand side and one spot on the bottom of the ipad where light bleed is occuring

from googling it it seems to be a widespread problem with the device, especially when it first came out, but its obviously still an issue

the problem with sending it back to Apple is they will prob send me a refurb where you run the risk of it being worse

anyone else with light bleed or experience with sending it back for another?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone :confused:

surely im not alone...i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I can't comment on the light bleed but the refurbs they send are basically new devices. You can't tell them from new. I suppose it's a case of how much it bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

BArra wrote: »
    anyone :confused:

surely im not alone...i hope!
    Send it back. It'll only piss you off more and more as the days progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

but how common is it, from what im reading its pretty common across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

It was pretty common in the original models that were shipping early last year, but the supposedly eliminated the problem in the current models, you probably just got an old model. Send it back to apple, they send you back a new model in perfect condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i have it on mine slightly. it doesn't bother me really as the only time i see it is when i'm airplaying video to my apple tv in which case i usually turn screen off :).

it was quite a wide spread issue, most people i've heard with it said it was due to the epoxy not dry yet and fixed itself over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Ya no issue on mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eddie Ormiston

a brand new ipad 2 for christmas and i have noticed when watching a film or trailer in a darkened room that there are 2 spots on the left hand side and one spot on the bottom of the ipad where light bleed is occuring

ipad2 sales
    ipad 2 skins
    ipad 2 stand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Mine has a little. First I did not send it back to avoid loosing my jb, and then it stopped bothering me as I only see it when Ireally look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

a brand new ipad 2 for christmas and i have noticed when watching a film or trailer in a darkened room that there are 2 spots on the left hand side and one spot on the bottom of the ipad where light bleed is occuring

Are you the OP ?

ipad2 sales
    ipad 2 skins
    ipad 2 stand[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
Advertisement